Microsoft shrunk Gears of War, bought everyone, and teased Halo at E3 2018

Title Microsoft shrunk Gears of War, bought everyone, and teased Halo at E3 2018
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When June 10, 2018

Microsoft spent all the money for their E3 2018 kickoff event. To be more accurate, they spent their money to purchase a bunch of studios and showed off 50 games for Xbox and Windows 10.

First, the reveals that were a given…

Read the full article

Edinburgh is not quite in England. Either mention Scotland, Britain (likely more correct if they compress various regions of the island on the game map) or the United Kingdom. If any Scots read your post, they might get a wee bit upset. :)

More excited for this than RDR 2.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 going to have some exclusivity to XBox?

If MS actually bought up a bunch of exclusive rights to games people actually care about, that would be a smart move on their part.

None has been suggested so far. They were simply the first to show the trailer. But it’s a multi platform game.

Yeah the Cyberpunk thing is probably a marketing partnership. If it were exclusive we’d be hearing much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I’m a bit surprised we didn’t hear more about backwards compatibility from the conference. Not the biggest item and they probably want to look forward, but it’s been a big draw for me and sounds like lots of others too.

Phil Spencer is still all in on BC for this gen and the next. It’s just not a topic they had the space for during the presentation.

See here:

“What I would say specifically, without announcing anything, is I’m very proud of our track record of compatibility and us respecting the purchase of games you’ve made with us and bringing that to the current generation,” Spencer said. "It is in our core on who we are.

"As you think about this next wave of hardware that eventually will come, so many of the large, large games people are playing today are still going to exist when the next hardware comes out. You’re not likely to see a ‘2’ after all those, as people are trying to move you to the next version of those games. In the old model of games shipping, getting played and then going away - and that was all of the games - a console transition was an easy step-function.

“We went through it with Minecraft. We didn’t ship Minecraft 2 on Xbox One to try to compel everybody to move to the next console, because that’s not what Minecraft players want. They just want Minecraft to get better. When you look at games like PUBG and Fortnite and you think about these large games and ecosystems that’ll be out there, when new hardware comes, people are still going to want to play those games, and it’s going to be important for us as platforms to support them.”

It’s just adorable that he thinks PUBG is evergreen like Minecraft.