Microsoft Singapore unveils exciting new Internet Explorer mascot

“Meet Microsoft’s new anime IE ‘it’ girl, Inori Aizawa”

Source: news.cnet.com (excerpt below)

The new anime personification of Internet Explorer is a sassy girl who fights robots, dresses like a sexy otaku girl, and pets her cat while surfing the Net.

What would it take to make Internet Explorer hip again? Could an anime heroine do it?

As it gears up for the launch of Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 on Thursday, Microsoft posted a new ad featuring Inori Aizawa, a feisty anime girl who battles robots with her trusty SmartScreen shield while wearing a Sailor Moon-esque outfit complete with the Windows logo on her skirt.

According to the Facebook page dedicated to Inori, she’s considered the personification of Internet Explorer.

[quote]Hey everyone! My name is Inori and you can think of me as a personification of Internet Explorer. When I was younger, I used to be a clumsy, slow, and awkward girl. However, just like the story of ugly duckling, people told me that I have really matured and changed over the years. I feel confident in my abilities now, and I’m eager to show you what I can do. Why don’t you get to know me a little better?

Official promotional video on YouTube

[/quote]

Well, it’s better than Clippy or Bob.

I bet that cat totally installed without permission.

Clippy could take her in a fight easily.

Cant wait for a full length movie. No doubt she’ll eat cookies, wield a hyperlink gun and fight malware or maybe robots that are slightly suggestive of the firefox logo.

You are talking about this video, perhaps?
Spoilers: Ghost in the Shell ARISE - Surface ad. Look for special guest: Firefox logo silhouette.

According to The Verge, MS already had a history of officially making OS-tan’s.

What the hell is wrong with Google marketing that they didn’t do this first?

Not really news - MS has been doing this in Japan for over a decade.