Microsoft to buy TikTok????

Trump reimposed tariffs on aluminum yesterday on Canada under the same national security excuse.

Everyone please vote this guy out. Please.

Oracle has now entered the race.

Working with investors to outbid Microsoft.

I thought Microsoft was a bad fit, but Oracle???

They’re going to need some investors. MS has 10x their market cap.

Maybe they can fuck it up like they tried to do to Java.

Fixed that for ya, Timex.

We talked about this on a tech call today as we are -heavily- leveraged in Oracle crap. The only guess is that both are bidding not so much for TikTok, but for the personal data mine that is part of it. It would make sense for Facebook to jump in the bidding as well, right?

I knew a dude who worked at Oracle, and worked briefly (thankfully) for us… let’s just say that the Oracle corporate mentality is a pestilence. It did not mesh well with our own corporate mentality of wanting to actually get shit done, satisfy our customers, and not be dicks to everyone in the world.

Oh, also, I didn’t want to treat our own engineers like crap, so that created friction. I won though, so fuck that dude.

I and everyone I know absolutely despises Oracle. Everyone has stories of how Oracle has fucked them.

The exception seems to be C-levels who like and cater to Oracle. I thoroughly suspect Oracle bribes them. Hires them as contractors and slips them $100k a year or whatever so their companies can be beholden to Oracle for untold millions.

The day many years ago when I moved my company’s system from Oracle to MySQL was a happy one. Then those bastards acquired MySQL.

As a Java developer, software engineer, and computer scientist, I just find it offensive at some instinctual level how you had Sun, with some of the most brilliant engineering minds ever, and then Oracle just took over their stuff and has no idea how to manage it in a non-assholish way.

Yeah, that’s not suspicious at all.

Go home, 2020. You’re drunk.

And I thought Oracle was a bad fit!

We’ve long-since jumped the shark & corpse of whatever satire the Onion was capable of. Walmart / Microsoft is approaching the absurdity of Oscar Mayer Intel from Upload & the Trump presidency keeps proving that Idiocracy can’t be far.

What is the possible use for Walmart for Tiktok? A new social network to replace Facebook/GOP in the post-Trump era?

And if my grandma had wheels, she’d be a wagon!

lol yeah let’s get rid of the zoomers dancing and use it to shill corporate wank, it’s not as if you want any users for your 30 billion.

Both people who handle social media for WalMart must be excited about this.

I laughed. Thank you for that.

Seriously there must be absolute 24 carat gold in that user info with everyone throwing out bids.

I think this is what will happen