Middle of War: Earth Shadow - aka Batman Mordor Knight 2

Same here, but my ginormous backlog makes me want to wait until it’s under 20 bucks. I bought the first game at nearly 50 and loved it to pieces, then bought the DLC on sale, but I can wait on this one.

The micro transactions were a total non issue in the actual game. The grind at the “end” was all post game stuff for people who want a reason to play forever. It was literally added for all the people who complained they wanted to keep screwing around with the nemesis stuff after beating the story in the first one.

I think this is the last bit of dlc.

And RPS tells me its out!

So this new expansion is apparently not bad!

What a crap thread title.

This is free to play (‘The first act’) this weekend on Steam apparently. Downloading…

I couldn’t make it past the intro. God save us all from Sexy Shelob.

So you spent more time downloading it than playing it? :D

Yup!5

The non-interactive intro goes on forever but I’n having a good time tooling round Gondorville now.

I posted the following in the “weekend gaming” thread:

Given all that, I’m leaning toward waiting for an even further price reduction.

Here’s a question: if I don’t buy it from Steam, and say, got a Steam key from CDkeys instead for somewhat less (about 5 bucks) will I have to download the whole shebang again or what?

Not sure but I expect a steam key is a steam key?

I didn’t notice combat being ‘off’ but it is very button mashy as far as I can tell. A skill to reward precise timing would be a good fit now you come to mention it. I’ll look for that if I fire it up again.

A downside of ultrawide screens is that thing like combo meters are often moved just out of your peripheral vision :)

I quite like it. It has that ubithing I don’t like of map icons being what you navigate by, so you never really learn the landscape. I was going to pick up the AC Origins DLC, but I’m wondering if this would be a fun substitute.

I think I’m going to wait till the Summer Sale, myself. Still working my way through Arkham Knight, which is after all essentially the same combat as in the “Middle Earth” games (quotes because of the ridiculous non-canonical stories–in this one even less canonical and more ridiculous if possible). I’m sure it’ll be down to the 30 dollar mark again then. If not there’s alway cdkeys.

I don’t know, to me the combat still feels a bit sluggish compared to the first game.

EDIT: Aargh, now that I’ve played more I think I’ll buy it after all–that’s how they get ya, as they say.

HA, in one skirmish with the orcs, I heard one comment: “Hold my beer!” :-D

It was sexy Shelob that pushed you over the edge no doubt :)

Nope, definitely NOT that. But I’m getting the hang of the combat now. BTW, does the scary spyware part that you have to agree to to play the trial/demo go away when you actually buy it?

No idea. But I suspect the eye is always upon us…

Seems the DLC - Desolation of Mordor is pretty good! And doesn’t have a throwaway new main character!

So with the Steam sale, and the paypal $5 off $30, the Gold edition of this is tempting me.

And I know the super duper patch is coming in July, to remove the gold loot boxes and fix the grind.

Anyone suggest against getting it at this point?

Depends how much you like the combat really. Unless you’re really, really into pseudo-Tolkien lore, the whole game is just a framework to do the combat in. None of the non-combat bits are particularly interesting in their own right.