Middle of War: Earth Shadow - aka Batman Mordor Knight 2

Jim Sterling also raised some concerns with how WB are handling the Forgey family donation DLC.

The Cynical Brit had a video on that as well, I think.

Statement from WB Games:

“Neither Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment nor Monolith Productions will profit from any sales of the Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC regardless of the territory in which that DLC is sold.”

I was confused why they were only giving $3.50 to the family, but now I realize that is probably the 30% cut for the distributor.

I wonder if this will end up as another big gamer overreaction.

Are they changing their stance then or was this always the intention despite the poorly worded small print? Will DLC purchases outside of the US now go to the family?

Good questions. I have no idea what the actual plan is to account for the ineligible territories. That’s the statement they sent to everyone that asked.

Why should ANYONE outside of the family receive money from this? Anything less than being free and giving an option for donation seems scummy to me.

Release it as free DLC, attach a link to the family’s funding page https://www.youcaring.com/michael-forgey-479259

It’s a nice sentiment, but I imagine the funding they’d receive from voluntary donations would be a lot less than the proceeds from this charity DLC. It’s kind of like when people say modders can just get donations instead of participating in “paid mods” programs, but the data has consistently shown that people do not donate to modders.

Wow… a trailer that doesn’t have horrible music!

It was that before this started. There are people in total witch-hunt mode for anything and everything about this game. God forbid WB should try and make a charitable gesture to the family like this without spending more money than they’re likely to raise just on legal fees clearing this in every country where they do business…

To be fair… they’re WB and they’re terrible.

Oh hey, a mobile game too! F2P!

Honestly, it looks better than the tie-in mobile game garbage Ubisoft did for Ghost Recon Wildlands or Assassin’s Creed Unity.

So why have loot boxes in a SP game?

Yeah, in the game you earn resources at a regular pace and the systems are tuned to that so you don’t need another option. At the same time, it’s there as a player choice. It’s there, from my perspective, for people who are protective of their spare time and scared when a massive game comes along that they’re not getting to see the full experience.

Yeah… I’m not buying that for one goddamn second.

Yea, those used to be called cheat codes and they were free.

Kudos I guess for having the stones to lie through an obviously PR-written answer?

Seems the Forthog dlc will be free now, and WB will make a donation to the family.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Forthog-Orc-Slayer-DLC-Upate/m-p/1674265/thread-id/663

7 days till release! This preview write up doesn’t seem full of praise…

Been seeing posters here in the NYC subways for this. I think the last game I saw marketed that way was the recent FF.