Might as well let Sleeping Dogs lie

Title Might as well let Sleeping Dogs lie
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When August 14, 2012

Sleeping Dogs would have been quite the game four or five years ago, before Saints Row 3, Just Cause 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Assassin's Creed, or Arkham City..

Read the full article

Wait... 2 stars? Again? I haven't read your review yet, and I'm kinda afraid to. What a disappointment.

"You’ll wantonly kill bad guys..." Is that a food joke? And yeah, the Edison Chen photography minigame? I think I'll pass.

Since I finished Saints Row 3 and was not that thrilled with it, I assume I will like this a lot more.

Mr. Chick, wasn't there someone who worked on True Crime: Hong Kong that originally put the game on your radar? I looked through the Qt3 archives but couldn't find mention of the individual. I remember that the guy was associated with Bioshock 2...

I could be misremembering.

A bit of overlap with the team who did Bully for Rockstar back in the day would be that connection.

wan-ton: adj meaning "deliberate" or "unprovoked". Good lord.

I'm pretty sure she knows that "wanton" is a word. She was suggesting it was a pun on the word "wonton". Good grief.

been playing it for a while ,its very fun , its 8/10 for me ,well thats just my opinion ,but go check other reviews they give more details about this game

Tom "trololo" Chick strikes again.

What an afwul review.

2 stars really? I love the "I WANT EVERYTHING PERFECT OR ELSE" reviews. I picked it up and put a bunch of time into it already - great game! Take a vacation and come back with a healthy review perspective..........

Once again this moron destroys the average with an incredibly ridiculous low score compared to everyone else. This site is pathetic.

And the weeping begins

Wow at least the review wasn't 2 paragraphs long. Progress right? *gives Tom a treat* good boy!

Went from an 83 to 78 because of this idiot. Nice, hope you feel good about yourself knowing you destroyed any chance of the devs getting any sort of bonus they earned.

I was looking at the reviews on Metacritic and saw this website brought the rating down dramatically. Bravo.

Wow. Just wow.

No Tom, when they're dead they're just hookers.

How does this geo-cities era website get on metacritic anyway? Here I was thinking there were standards...

will reserve judgement.