Might as well let Sleeping Dogs lie

It's the name of a series of games in the same genre. Moron.

Is Tom Chick a professional reviewer? If so, who paid him to publish this "honest opinion"? That's a disturbing idea, isn't it? But the reverse is also disturbing: Why is metacritic listing reviews from a nonprofessional's blog?

Tell me Mr.Chick, are you going to review Papo & Yo? It seems to have given split opinion to critics, it sounds like your cup of tea.

That's a tricky one. What's a professional reviewer? Someone with a journalism degree? If so, most of the games press is out. You're basically looking at a "profession" made up almost entirely of enthusiasts, with little in the way of credentials. I think it should come down to merit, personally.

Tom has been a published reviewer for over 20 years - probably before you were even a bulge in your daddy's pants

Tom -

You know what game you should check out? Ever play Deus Exc? You might like it.

Too many crates.

You have 22 comments on this "nonprofessional's blog" on various other posts and reviews. Perhaps you're being a bit disingenuous?

God please don't let tom drag Papo and Yo's metacritic score through the mud! It's brilliant, therefore Tom will not likely enjoy it.

Nice try...you and Tom butt buddies? The review is horrible. When you see a score that is extremely high...or low in this case...it flat out means you're wrong. The review is still up on metacritic, btw.

Tom likes to delete comments at random when he feels threatened.

GTA IV was a boring excuse for an open world game once you get passed the flashy graphics which i admit are hard to get passed being a New York native i was impressed by the detail. But it had boring combat, a forgetful story(literally i doubt anybody remembers it) and boring characters. Other than the graphics the only good thing about it was going online with friends and shooting people. That gets old quick and doesn't compare to how Vice city and San Andreas did it. It failed miserably three things a good open world game needs to have.(same goes for JC2) Sleeping Dogs has that and more.

The story has characters with that are as diverse as the people of Hong Kong. I've formed opinions on them like i would when watching a TV drama and the voice acting is done so well during the cut scenes that I forget that i'm going to be playing the game shortly. I've only played through about 70% of the main story and there are already parts of it that i won't soon forget.

The ridiculous amount of collectables scattered around such a dense map is amazing, they actually add to the enjoyment of the game without being a chore and adds replayability to it.

The driving and combat reminds you of how much this game is like an action movie as does the scarce yet thrilling gun play. The "parkour" element isn't as prevalent as I hoped and is a letdown as it would also add to the action movie feel. Yes there are some "go fetch" missions but they're for the most part side content and all sandbox games have them.

You sir have failed to do your job

sometimes when i poop it hurts..But then it feels better

deleted a comment because he was opinion was challenged...thats sad

Man, why are so many videogame fans obsessed with numerical scores?

Oh, wait...

The more I visit videogame websites, the more I think driving physics is the most divisive issue in gaming. If you ever want to start an all-out nerd brawl, go to E3 and loudly announce that GTA 4's driving physics were great, and anyone who thinks they sucked can't deal with realistic vehicle handling. The battle lines will form up immediately.

I think you're confused... his job was to provide his honest opinion of the game, not to suck it off while you watched.

Is this a review or a rant comparing Sleeping Dogs with other mediocre games? I can't really tell.

I mistakingly read through your review hoping to uncover true insight into why you think this game is bad. I see now that your review was written with the bias of an ign review but without the credibility that ign leverages. Easy to see this is a sad attempt to get people to visit your review as the "only" negative one on meta critic.

You are a sad and pathetic little creature and I hope your editor realizes so and fires you. I will not be returning to this website to view your response so don't bother wasting your time trying to figure out some witty response.

When two people disagree, that's a difference in opinion. When 30 people agree and only one does not, well that's just denial. Go get help

Is this a My Space website template? Now I know why the game got a 40...obviously these guys wouldn't know quality if it punched them in the face.