Military making up Iraqi man on the street quotes

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/24/military.release/index.html

Sunday’s news release said: “‘The terrorists are attacking the infrastructure, the ISF and all of Iraq. They are enemies of humanity without religion or any sort of ethics. They have attacked my community today and I will now take the fight to the terrorists,’ said one Iraqi man who preferred not to be identified.”

The July 13 news release said: "‘The terrorists are attacking the infrastructure, the children and all of Iraq,’ said one Iraqi man who preferred not to be identified. ‘They are enemies of humanity without religion or any sort of ethics. They have attacked my community today and I will now take the fight to the terrorists.’

Someone’s getting fired…

[quote=“Jason McCullough”]http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/24/military.release/index.html

Sunday’s news release said: “‘The terrorists are attacking the infrastructure, the ISF and all of Iraq. They are enemies of humanity without religion or any sort of ethics. They have attacked my community today and I will now take the fight to the terrorists,’ said one Iraqi man who preferred not to be identified.”

The July 13 news release said: "‘The terrorists are attacking the infrastructure, the children and all of Iraq,’ said one Iraqi man who preferred not to be identified. ‘They are enemies of humanity without religion or any sort of ethics. They have attacked my community today and I will now take the fight to the terrorists.’

Dude, are you kidding? In this administration, this isn’t a screwup. This is a one-way ticket to a promotion and even more critical duties.

It was a military press release, not a white house press release. I doubt that the pentagon finds this sort of thing amusing.

Wow, what an amazing coincidence that they asked the same guy the same question in subsequent weeks!

Unless a pattern emerges showing that this is not a one-off, I’m putting this one down as a clerical error.

What, the invasion of Iraq? :lol:

Why’d they change a couple words, then?

Why’d they change a couple words, then?[/quote]

Exactly, this is probably a delibarerate atttempt to sneak a fake quote by. The important bit, and what we haven’t discovered yet, is why this happened. There’s a big difference in my mind between a high level conspiracy to deceive the public and some flunky taking a shortcut so they can cut out of work early on a friday.