Minecraft! (single player dwarf fortress)

My friend and I have a Mineshafts and Monsters server going right now.

God this modpack blows. We were looking for some sort of exciting questing mods, but this really does feel like some sort of “git gud noob” modpack that is punishing to be “hardcore”. It also is 100% required to do minecolonies and create your own colony to gain “fame” to equip more powerful gear.

It is really weird that a game that expects you to do a lot of questing and monster hunting also requires you to micromanage a minecolonies colony.

I love minecolonies, but coupling it with an uber-hardcore monsters experience is just an odd design choice. Once our colony got attacked by an ice dragon, that took like 20-30 deaths to take down, destroying a good 40% of our colony, we kinda stopped playing.

Also, the rewards are not meted out by the questbook very well, and the trinket drops you get every x number of ticks are completely randomized, so you might not get a super useful trinket at all.

Was hoping for a lot better from this modpack, it is also SUPER resource intensive on the server side, and is prone to a lot of lagging and crashing.