Minecraft! (single player dwarf fortress)

This looks kind of fun, wonder how much it will cost?

The promo goes the other way too.

I don’t care about a silly 10 hour “campaign” but I assume you can use this dlc to create random DnD worlds to frolic around in as whatever class and that is all I need. Maybe ever.

This. I just want those pieces in my lego kit to use as I see fit. If its done right, We could see a whole slew of adventures ala Neverwinter.

Anyone find anything on when the DnD dlc releases? All I’ve seen is ‘Spring 2023’ and that it’s coming sometime. Neeeeed!

Looks like the DND thing is out now. Anyone tried it? And can someone confirm you can use the various DND skins and monsters and stuff to make a random world?

I still haven’t quite understood what the heck the whole thing is about, or how it works.

Thats the beholder of the question.

I think in this one we fight heterochromic monsters, monsters that look like chests, blocks of gelatine and wizards. Theres dungeons and dragons in it.

And literal in-game dice rolling.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/dungeons-dragons-dlc

My only minecraft experience is going down the rabbit holes of the various tech mods out there. Which I typically play on peaceful, because mobs get in the way of my factory building.

Be glad you can enjoy Minecraft for what it is.

Seems it’s a 10-hour on-rails story within a hand-built world. In Minecraft.

And you can’t use the content in your own worlds apart from some player skins.

Mojang senior director Riccardo Lenzi:

“This is all purpose-built. What is in this pack stays in this pack. This is all bespoke and self-contained,”

Boo!!

They should just put creepers in D&D. Blow the pits, blow the floor, adventurers die by falling into lava

I loved minecraft for these things. I played a ridiculous amount of time with this game. Eventually, though, I did play on normal with mobs opposed to peaceful mode. While I am not sure there is anything left in minecraft to explore, I was sadden to see how many of the mods I loved in minecraft 1.7.10 are no longer available or maintained for newer versions of minecraft.

There was one mod pack I loved, Minecraft infinity, and as far as I know there has been nothing like it since.

Well just play GT:New Horizons and you get all the 1.7.10 joy you could ever want! 3-5k hours worth! Let us know how you get along :)

Ill keep that in mind, if I ever want to go back to minecraft. Also its a 1.7.10 mod, so I might as well stick with Infinity if I do. In my past experience, GT mods were super grindy with ridiculous crafting requirements. However, again, Ill keep it in mind if I ever go back to Minecraft.

My current favorite survival crafter is 7 days to die. I have over 1000 hours on that one.

I was actually kidding. The concept and execution of GT:NH is nothing short of amazing, but it isn’t something you can actually recommend to other people. There are more sane options out there!

This looks kinda fun. Apparently it’s got a little story-driven campaign.