Minimal Affect, a Mass Effect parody

I could not for the life of me figure out where to put this, so I guess it gets its own thread. I’ve always wondered why we never really got more games in the style of Mass Effect, you know huge galaxy-wide science fiction RPG epic adventures. I guess someone else must have had a similar thought because next year we’ll be getting Minimal Affect, which looks pretty darn goofy but I know I’ll play it.

Ha, it looks like a real thing. I had my doubts at the beginning of the trailer. But they do have the appropriate commitment to cover-based combat…

Am I seeing some Rick & Morty influences in some of the character art?

it seems a melange of basically any of the American based Adult Swim cartoons for sure.

Always wondered where the video game parodies were. I mean, there was Pyst… maybe Eric the Unready qualifies. Certainly some degree of parody in Sam & Max and some other LucasArts games. But I admire that this is very focused on one franchise. It has to nail the gameplay and be worth playing in itself, though. Hope they pull it off!

OMG. As someone who is playing through Mass Effect 2 and 3 for the first time, that hit me right in the face.

I like the way the character covers his face with his hand when he’s blind firing. I got a good giggle.