Mira Furlan (Babylon 5) has died

Looks like Michael Straczynski tweeted out the info, don’t really know any details. But as a huge Babylon 5 fan, and I know there are others among us here, I figured I should pass that info along.

J. Michael Straczynski on Twitter: “It is a night of great sadness, for our friend and comrade had gone down the road where we cannot reach her. But as with all things, we will catch up with her in time, and I believe she will have many stories to tell us, and many new roles to share with the universe. https://t.co/HyQlqyC19v” / Twitter

:(

That’s really sad. I’d offer rando internet condolences to her poor family and B5 costars, who have seen WAY too much of this.

Very sad. I was just thinking of a B5 rewatch when it hits HBOMax.

Damn. That’s what… at least four regular cast members gone? No, more.
Furlan, Furst, Katsulas, Conaway, Biggs, Doyle, O’Hare
Time has not been good to this cast.

I met her at E3 in 1997. She was really nice and fun to talk with. 65 is way too young.

That’s just heartbreaking. But, they left enduring legacy.

RIP. So sad right now. :(((((

There’s a scene in an elevator in the finale at Babylon 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNciln7qwY where all of the remaining characters still alive are there … but ironically now all of the actors in that elevator scene have passed except Ivanova/Claudia Christian :(

Ironically most of the characters that died in the series by the time of that scene - their actors are still living - Sheridan/Boxleitner, Londo/Jurasik, Lyta/Tallman, Lennier/Mumy, Talia/Thompson, Marcus/Carter, Kefler/Rusler - the only major characters/actors that died in series and in real life are G’Kar/Katulas and Sinclair/O’Hare.

The cause of death was complications from West Nile disease, according to her manager.

As another character on B5 said, “You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn’t it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.”

My favorite line from the show.