Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Rebooting the series

Er, didn’t they say they recognised that combat was one of the least liked components of the first game?

Yeah, but you know, a game without combat is unpossible, as everyone knows, so they switched out guns for Parkourombat

Parkombat was in the original, so they’re really just removing the guns.

They said that they were going to remove guns and improve the combat. Not that they were going to remove the combat.

But don’t focus too much on the trailer. I’m sure in the real game you just can sprint away your way, instead of going eliminating enemies.

Add 200% more panes of glass to kick enemies through. Fixed!

But still want.

I hate the dialogue.

The trailer looked pretty sweet.

Delayed to May 2016.

So we’ve made the decision to bring Mirror’s Edge to the world starting May 24, 2016. We will use these few extra months to make sure that when you step into the massive City of Glass and experience the rise of Faith, it’s as entertaining, impressive, and memorable as it can be.

Good. I hope they take as much time as they need, because I want this to be perfect.

You can register for the closed beta now:

Just an FYI in case anyone runs into the problem I did: appears that you have to watch the trailer on that page before you can enroll in the beta.

A beta? Is this a multiplayer game then?

That’s not clear from the webpage. I am assuming that, like many EA games, it’s at least going to have a multiplayer component.

Its a F2p Moba - why?

But like what? The only thing I can figure is time trials or parkour racing. If they actually have some kind of versus combat, that’s going to be weird.

I was right. The social stuff is mostly time trials and “autolog” type stuff.

Autolog was always such a terrible name for leaderboards. The thing they’re labeling already has a better name. Why rename it?

You can’t copyright “leaderboard” but you can copyright “autolog”

Of course, there’s an XP grind to learn parkour skills, because all games have an XP grind now.

Pretty much all news about this sequel makes me so sad. It’s like they have no clue what made their game good…