(Mis) Adventures In Cooking

So he just cooked it straight from frozen? Sounds like a bad idea in the best of circumstances.

Naw, I’m sure he thawed it. I wasn’t there until he came running down the driveway with it, and this was many years ago, so I am unclear on the details of his cooking method.

IIRC, he did mention that it smelled bad and “looked kind of funny” before he even put it in the oven, but figured it was “just one of those things”, and that it would all come out fine. I do remember one thing he said very clearly: He hated to just throw it all away, and couldn’t believe it could possibly be bad since it had been in the deep freeze, so he cut off a piece and either ate it or attempted to eat it. He was notorious for not letting anything go to waste. He ate expired food and milk and stuff all the time rather than toss it.

If he were still alive, I’d ask him for more details.

I very rarely totally screw up in the kitchen to the point of disaster, but I’m pretty sure the worst thing I’ve ever cooked, results wise, was Coq Au Vin, in my French classics phase. I’m not sure if it was the quality of the wine, or the chicken, or what else, but when prepping the dish I was thinking “this smells like it’s just going to be chicken soaked in bad wine, but surely there’s going to be some transformative thing once it soaks/cooks, right?”

Nope. Once done, it tasted exactly the same: like sour wine-chicken stew. I spent like an entire day making it, and nothing specific went spectacularly wrong, but it was just…terrible. (I’ve had Coq Au Vin that was good, so it isn’t the dish in general, just my execution).

Hoooly jeezus.

I always say free is the best spice, but hunger may have it beat there!

That, my friends, is what they call a thread killer. Well done, @krayzkrok!

I served my brother piss once. Told him it was lemonade.

That was intentional though, not sure it qualifies for the thread.

I want to hear the story about the bad tuna ant pastas.

It was an anty pasto, so they were really hankering for a main course afterwards.

And is that really cooking?

No, no. The tuna ant pasta is a side, not a topping. :)

Sure, I added sugar, fresh lemon juice, ice, and a little slice of lemon on the rim of the glass.

Anty pasto was clever, mucho props to AP.

I do my terrible best!

On ice, I hope.
Otherwise, he’d be suspicious.

Yes, yes, of course on ice! What sort of rank amateur do you take me for?

If ever there was a perfect text for an insanity wolf meme, this would be it.