Misunderstanding Terraforming Mars

Whew, @porousnapkin broke my heart and then you picked up the pieces.

When you say you teach the cards, I assume it’s just the 13 action cards, not also the epic tales and the advantage cards?

Playing with the beta draft and its quite addicting, though some of the issues, like seeing your cards, are still missing.

I finally beat solo game as well

Yeah I am still digging it on PC as well. Still annoyed there is no post game mode where I can look at things but that aside its a satisfying port.

The release of the mobile version was imminent. I use ‘was’ because the studio has now shut down and laid off staff. Sorry for all those affected.

A real bummer. Selfishly I was looking forward to the expansions going digital plus their Mansions of Madness take. Obviously less important than folks losing their jobs though. Hope they all land on their feet, I thought they made a good boardgame conversation.

I feel you. The teaching all the cards part reminded me of Twilight Struggle, except there you only had to get one person up to speed (the not-Teacher) instead of the whole table. And in Twilight Struggle even if you don’t get the strategies, you can enjoy the familiar historical theme. Inis had the higher teaching curve and the lack of a familiar theme to power you through the beginner fumbles. Is there a rewarding game over that hill? Enough people seem to think so, but my brain mentally checks out every time I think about the climb.

I just completed the tutorial of the digital version. What’s the best way to learn the game - play vs the AI or do the solo challenge?

I’d just play the AI unless you really want to play the solo variant.

OK, thanks

That was pretty fun! The easy AI gave me just enough challenge to keep it interesting but letting me be successful. What do you feel is a better progression for this game, adding another easy AI player or just 1 medium AI player?

Also, I left the rules standard. Should I turn on the draft setting and / or the corporate rules setting?

I think the game plays better with more, as there’s more competition for locations and TR, but to be honest there’s not a ton of player interaction and it does lengthen the game, so just do what you feel like.

Definitely turn on drafting though. Corporate rules are a wash for me.