MLB 2016: It's an even number year

Fuck yeah!

I have two. Holy and Cow.

Zobrist for series MVP. Man, I’m not sure there is one player most deserving, but he certainly one of a handful of worthies.

I figured he’d be the favorite, if for no other reason that hit in the 10th tonight pushing him out in front.

Him and Bryant were most consistent hitters this series. I’d probably have favored Bryant, but Zobs absolutely a good choice.

First the Royals, now the Cubs for Zobrist. I’m not saying we should rename it the Zobrist Series…

…but I am

Thanks to an inexplicable decision by Maddon, sure. I think he conceded fewer runs than anyone but Edwards, no?

I was waiting for Joe Maddon to thank his hitters for bailing him out, but nothing yet on that front.

And here’s the GIF

It’s a sporting press voted-on award, and many of them are still old, stupid, and overly hung up on dumb stats like pitcher wins. That pretty much kills Hendricks’ chances.

OK, but I’m talking about merit.Hendricks did more to win the game than anyone else today.

While I’m still buzzing, I do wish to extend my condolences to Cleveland. I’m sorry, because I know this is going to break your city in ways only fans of a team like the Cubs can understand. Fortunately I do not know who your Buckner figure will be, this was a heavyweight fight between two great teams who played their heart out.

If Cubs lost it would have been Chapman. But there is no one Cleveland player whom I think will draw that ire. Which is great, since I don’t wish that on anyone.

Chicago PD live dispatch has calmed down a bit but was pretty crazy a few minutes ago. Lots of people on top of cars, climbing street lamps, shots fired, etc.

Ratings look like Game 7, 2001. Very strong. Not a record. Streaming and other viewing methods cannibalize it.

Fantastic game to watch. Holy cow did it ever deliver. I didn’t have a horse in this race but I’m overjoyed for my friends who are long time Cubs fans. Epic.

I heard a 25.2 share nationally. Which is pretty fantastic these days.

I’m more than a tad biased, but watcihng this series it has to go down as one of the all time great World Series matches. And that finish? This was how it had to be, the universe would demand that this go to extra innings in game 7.

This. Even my wife, who thinks baseball is akin to being waterboarded, watched and was excited through the whole game.

The best part, for me, was the emotions of the players on the field. You could see that, for pretty well every player out there, the game meant something. This wasn’t a bunch of players with a lifetime of media coaching spouting the “it’s just another game” company line. They seemed to fully grasp what was at stake. It seemed that every time the camera was on a player, you could read their lips expressing the same thing the audience was feeling. Like in the 10th, after the second run scored, they panned to the guy on first (Zobrist, I think) and you could see him say “What a great game!” The conversation between Rizzo and Ross was great too.

On a side note, I wish football would bring the emotion back, both college and the pros. I’m tired of the canned media-friendly interviews that every player gives. Show some damn feelings!

Zobrist was on second, and was the person who got the hit.

But his reaction was something. Just screaming his head off excited.

So much this. She was shouting and yelling right along with me.