MLB 2016: It's an even number year

My girlfriend did the same though to be honest, she does enjoy playoff baseball at least. But she’s a Mariners fan. sigh

Well then she could cheer for Montgomery getting the save!

It seems, more often than not, that when they do they end up getting fined or rebuked in some way. No Fun League, indeed.

https://twitter.com/FootbaIl_Tweets/status/785519606760742912

But, yes, what a game last night! So glad I was able to witness it.

So somehow the NBA trophy presentation is better.

I’d have to care about the NBA playoffs to even begin to compare them!

I just think you making a trophy presentation in a pro sporting event a moment to mention race kinda …dumb. MLB would love more blacks in the sport but you can’t make kids choose what sport they will participate in. It would be nice to see more blacks in the front offices though.

Ok, feel free to have that opinion.

I have no idea what the race of the players had to do with it. None of the three white guys I mentioned were actual Cub players.

So the same writer I linked yesterday with the cruelest game 7 ever story, well here is his equally fantastic, and probably even better, follow up

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!

…anyone had to do with it.

I usually roll my eyes when fans of the winning team call it a “great game” (because you won, duh!) but in this case it’s definitely deserved.

Sure, but in this case the writer is actually a Giants fan. So no homer favoritism there ;)

And yet you bring up one of the very points I was making in your criticism of my post. It would be nice to see more minorities in the front office, wouldn’t it? We agree there.

My other point was that they hand it to the owner, the GM, and the manager before any players ever get to touch it. Not even sure if they do. I much prefer skating the Stanley Cup over this.

One of the reasons I was quietly rooting for the Cubs is that even though the Indians have had a long drought, the sting ought to be mitigated a bit by the Cavaliers winning the championship last season. I know it’s two different sports and most baseball fans couldn’t care less. But the unique misery of Cleveland was that they had no championship in any of the major sports for 50 years or whatever it was. That was their curse and they already washed that away. There’s still more work to do with the Indians and Browns (uh, well, maybe we’ll forget about the Browns) but at least they broke through that city-wide sense of futility.

The counterpoint is that Chicago is an embarrassment of riches for major sports championships over the last couple decades. Despite that, I was still happy as a neutral fan to see the Cubs curse go away. So good for them.

I also grew up watching WGN on lazy weekday afternoons. Mostly for Frank Thomas, but I liked to watch Mark Grace swing the bat too. It’s weird to have a connection due to that network even though we always lived half a country away.

To be honest I turn the TV off way before the trophy is awarded in any sport. The NFL is by far the worst.

Gosh. That was a humdinger of a game. And one heck of a series. Needing to take three in a row was a tough road to take but the Cubs pulled it off. Congrats to them on a World Series championship and also kudos to Cleveland for a hard played series. They nearly pulled it out of the fire at the end.

Hah! I have grandparents in that riot. :)

Highest rated World Series game since Game 7, 1991. 40.1m viewers.