MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

Not sure how much longer this is going, but MLB.tv is having an hourlong flash sale…$10 for the rest of the year.

That’s a solid deal. And it’s been extended! Until tonight’s games are over.

Thanks! Easily worth it for the radio audio overlay alone.

Fucking Giants can’t even tank right.

I wonder whose brainstorm birthed the MLB Game of Thrones promotion series? One thing is clear, baseball announcers are not generally Game of Thrones fans. It’s pretty funny listening to them reading the promos for “JD Martinez on the Iron Throne” or “Taijuan Walker Night King Bobblehead” in tones that clearly show that they have no clue what it all means.

Clearly @ineffablebob you’ve never dealt with brand managers.

I went to Game of Thrones night for the Washington Nationals. It was pretty hilarious. They had some cosplayers who showed up in fur wraps, they had Game of Thrones trivia on the big screen, they even had an iron throne you could wait in line to sit on and have a picture taken of you sitting on it. The funniest part was that they Photoshopped the players heads on the big screen into Game of Thrones outfits. So when they showed the portrait of the player at bat, they’d have guys in leather outfits or suits of armor. It was totally ridiculous but I loved it.

Also, you could purchase Dothaquris (I assume it was some sort of daiquiri) or chicken Littlefingers.

Oh, and I got a free tee shirt. What’s not to like?

It’s a pretty awesome t-shirt!
https://twitter.com/Nationals/status/871454736267882497

Yiiiiiiiikes.

Because sometimes you just need to hold a funeral for something.

Good for JD, he deserves a shot with a team that could make the playoffs. Likely a wild card barring an epic Dodger meltdown, but still a post-season change.

As for the Tigers, I hope they have another move or two in mind. It is definitely time for rebuilding.

Yeah, the problem is that the two players they most need to unload, nobody will touch with a 10-foot pole. Bottom line, the Tigers mortgaged their future for the next 10 years on contracts for Cabrera and Verlander, and it never paid off. Now they are stuck with massive contracts they can’t even buy their way out of.

It’s a trap, Brewers.

Not a huge baseball fan, but I love the analysis in this article about Verlander…

The triple play is rather rare. This one is super odd. The Yankees actually scored a run on this triple play.

Look man, it is WIN NOW!

But… are there literally any other pitchers with literally any more years left in the tank.

I just watched Taijuan Walker, starting pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, hit an absolute no-doubter home run to left. Just absolutely crushed the thing. First career home run, and he’s only given up one run thus far himself. When stuff like this happens, it’s so much fun to watch. Keep the DH out of the NL so these moments don’t die!

Somewhere, Jose Canseco has been released from his shackles.

This week Beltre got thrown out of a game for dragging the on deck circle…and also got his 3,000 as TranqB notes.

Deserves to be a unanimous first ballot HOFer when the time comes for those things alone. ;)