MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

Hardly clear favorites. Cleveland is red hot, 16-4 in their last 20 games, and that’s with several key players, including Miller, Kipnis and Brantley, on the DL. With those guys scheduled to be back in September, Cleveland should be well positioned for the post season.

Ugh you guys. Like it matters who gets the privilege of being crushed under the inevitability of the Dodgers.

Like the inevitability of the 2001 Mariners…;)

In other news… rosters expanded today. Cleveland is calling up their #1 prospect and potential catcher of the future Francisco Mejia. Mejia had a 50 game hitting streak in A ball last year and spent this season at AA where he put up a respectable .297 average. Looking forward to seeing what he can do and how he gets used this month – the Indians only have two off days in September so there should be plenty of opportunities to get him some at bats.

Ahh, the Dodgers. 4 times consecutive NL West champs.

Yeah, inevitability sometimes has a way of being not in the post season.

With that said, if Kershaw, Darvish, Wood and Maeda are healthy, that’s a whole lot better than the pitching the 2001 M’s went into the postseason with.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how Kershaw can fail them this post-season.

Hypothetical Game One match-up: Kluber - Kershaw. Take the under.

That’s a good bet, lol

How do you take the under on 1?

Cardinals will miss the postseason this year, so no Matt Carpenter to torment him.

That’s a problem.

Haven’t followed the Detroit sell-off… did they also shop Miggy?

He’s got over 200 million left on his contract and is hitting .252/.338/.405 this year. No one is taking that.

Yikes.

Cabrera’s also got what sounds like a chronic back problem that doctors suspect he may have to deal with the rest of his career. So yeah, that’s a big ol’ no for pretty much everyone.

Which is not to say they wouldn’t sell him in a heartbeat if some GM had a brain aneurysm and made an offer. But he’s not going anywhere. And at this point they’ve pretty much gotten rid of everyone they can. They dumped a shitload of salary for next year. Now you just hope they can actually build a farm system with all these new young players, and are willing to take the time to let it all develop, rather than trying to rush everyone up and ruining them.

The Tigers have jettisoned their top 2 hitters who also happen to be 2/3rds of their outfield. They also traded Wilson ( their best reliever ) and JV ( their best starter ) they also trade Avila who was having a good year. The word is that they are likely to move Kinsler and Iglesias in the off season as well. Miggy is going nowhere, they cant dump his contract and he still puts butts in the seats so I figure next seasons Tigers starting lineup will be MIggy and The Mud-Hens. We have some rough years ahead in Tigertown.

I’m pretty sure I saw that group at the Detroit Jazz Festival last year.