MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

Yankees lose, Boston loses, as good a day of baseball as there can be without a Cubs win.

Today has the potential to be even better…if all goes perfectly, the Cubs will win and the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers all lose! Of course, now I’ve jinxed it. :(

Or even better, the Yanks, Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs all lose. Perfect day indeed!

So say we all.

I do hate how when I get home I will have to check 3-4 channels before I find the game.

Suck it, Yanks.

Now if the Nats would just stop being so fucking useless in the post-season.

We’re halfway to the perfect day - just need a big comeback in the 9th for the Nats.

Looking pretty good so far.

It is 3 for 4. And u don’t really care for what happens in the Dodgers game.

I love how D.C. Is the home of great regular seasons, and perpetual disappointment in the postseason. I hope the Cubs can help them continue their traditions.

One of the fun things about the Yankees not doing well is the drama that inevitably follows. In today’s edition, we have Aroldis Champan liking an Instagram comment about Girardi getting fired:

Game 1 of the Astros-Red Sox ALDS, Sale vs Verlander. Game 4, Sale vs Verlander. But this time they both came in as relievers, and thus far it’s JV giving up the homers.

From the Red Sox viewpoint, bringing Sale in makes sense. He didn’t throw many pitches in game 1, and it’s an elimination game. But I have no idea what AJ Hinch was thinking. You could have Verlander starting game 5 (if necessary), a position he’s comfortable with and has conquered before. Instead you throw him into his first ever relief appearance, with a man on base? Unnecessary risk, and right away it backfired.

Fortunately for the Astros, JV settled down pretty quickly and gave them a couple of good innings. And the hitters managed to get just enough off of Sale and Kimbrel. Houston got the win they needed, but I bet AJ Hinch thinks twice before putting Verlander in mid-inning again!

I bet Schwarber is pretty relieved right now.

Yes, indeed he is. His double error was one ugly play.

But a win forgives all sins. Otherwise Adolfo’s Chapman would be in witness protection after game 7 last year :P

JV only gave up the one and actually ended up with the win. And Sale got tagged with the loss after giving up 2 runs. So while I agree that Houston probably shouldn’t have pitched JV it ended up ok for them and now they get a nice rest up before the next series, which looks to be extending as the Yanks are thumping the Indians. Sucks to be Sale, though. He had a nice season for Boston but totally face-planted in the playoffs. An 8.38 era with a 0-2 w/l record has got to hurt!

I’m pretty upset they decided to play the game on time given the condition of the field and so far: 5 unearned runs.

John Farrell gets the pink slip today.

That game was nuts. I don’t think my heart can take another series like that.

That was a thing that happened.

I’ll do my #FlyTheW anyway.

Cubs can’t play that sloppy against L.A., hope they tighten up a…lot.