MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

It’s fallen off the latest posts, so no longer auto loads the post. But for the better part of the week the, admittedly hilarious, play would start playing every. single. time. At least on Chrome.

It autoplayed on Chrome on Windows 10 on my desktop. I don’t think it autoplayed on Chrome on my tabket, but I have the sound turned off on my tablet most times.

Well, that sucks. But this season was going nowhere fast anyway…there’s some big payroll dropping off this offseason. Time for a tank job!

Oh I see, don’t deep link to twitter videos. I changed it to be just a link to the tweet itself (still oneboxes, but no autoplay)

Unless there were multiple it wasn’t a tweet, it’s the post I’m replying to (@wumpus) . And every time the page scrolls it refreshes and plays again.

Discourse does it with Twitch streams too. It’s really annoying.

Explain to me how any major league professional ballplayer–any sport–doesn’t have a clause in their contract banning things like dirt bikes, etc? Geez, they didn’t have to look any further than Rothlesberger…

Bumgarner has one of the most team-friendly contracts in the league. Unless he literally cannot ever play again, the Giants aren’t likely to even bring up his contract.

Zero media playback there for me in Chrome for Windows, since I edited it to point to the tweet.

Strange day for injuries. Josh Hamilton blows out his other knee while rehabbing his many-operated-on-knee, and the Rangers just said adios. He may try to come back but kinda thinking he may be done. He had actually looked good in spring training too. Meanwhile, AJ Griffin gets sidelined for gout of all thinks. Really. Gout.

— Alan

At least he didn’t claim he hurt himself cleaning his truck.

Hey, the ol’ David Wells number!

Cleveland fans have their own experience with motorcycle injuries (Kellen Winslow, Jr.).Good news for Cleveland fans on the injury front: Jason Kipnis was back in the starting lineup last night (0-3 with a BB). Even better news was that Corey Kluber was back in his old form, 3-hitting the White Sox in a complete game shutout, with 9 Ks and 2 BBs.

Gotta be better than Loria, yeah?

I…guess?

Mostly I’m glad I’m not a Marlins fan.

Then again, neither is anyone else, so…

Just what the Marlins need. A low energy owner.

Wow

“And now I’m waiting for end of time to hurry up and arrive.”

What the world was asking for:

Do the White Sox keep him employed ironically? Is he the MST3K of play-by-play guys?

Something I didn’t know…Keith Law has a side gig reviewing board games: https://www.pastemagazine.com/writers?name=keith+law