MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

Lynn is a lot of fun, too. He’s an absolutely cranky ol’ bastard, with a low-key, very understated but razor sharp sense of humor. (His sense of humor, and his lack of a filter, is one of the reasons the Cardinals decided not to bring him back, which is more a statement on their sort of control-freak-ish nature than it is an indictment of Lynn.) He’ll fit Minnesotans to a tee.

The Twins really have gone quite a ways from ripping up the last year of Phil Hughes’ contract to give him a big unnecessary extension in just a few years.

Have I mentioned that it’s great to have people with ideas that didn’t start growing moss a decade ago running the show in Minneapolis? Because it’s so great.

Pretty classy going-away letter from Arrieta to Chicago.

TFW you read that Alex Cobb waited out the market to sign a 4-year, $56 million dollar deal…

TFW you compare your numbers (3.38 career ERA vs 3.50, with almost 300 more IP, fewer hits allowed/9 innings, a better k/9, bb/9 and k/bb ratio) to Alex Cobb, and realize you’re only 6 months older than he is. (And that he just signed for 4 years, 56m.)

Coming off of TJ surgery also. Crazy.

Cobb had his TJ in May of 2015 and missed the rest of that season and the next. Lynn had his in October of 2015, and missed the next season. Their careers are remarkably similar, except for Lynn having a little more durability and much higher counting stats.

My head to head daily fantasy league drafted last Sunday. It is a lot of work but it also is probably the most fun I have ever had with a fantasy league.

No suspension for Sano.

Hopefully whatever asshole behavior he has engaged in is stopped. Sure seems like a lot of smoke for there to be no fire, anyway. But on the other hand, suspensions and such over Twitter allegations with no charges even having been thought to be brought seem ill-advised.

IDK. I hate the whole situation. I wish athletes would stop being such assholes, but at the same time the court of public opinion doesn’t have sentencing power for a reason.

:(

Bumgarner took a liner off his pitching hand today. It’s broken and he’ll be out 6-8 weeks. Giants home run projections for the year are halved.

god fucking damnit i kept him in fantasy

Can’t I just have an ace pitcher who doesn’t get rando freak injuries out of nowhere? That’d be great.

T-Mobile customers can get a free MLB-TV subscription today through the T-MOBILE Tuesdays app.

I ended up with Ohtani in our baseball auction last weekend nearly by accident. So will be paying attention to his first start this week, even though he’ll be warming my bench. I hope he can get it together enough to stay in the majors and work out any issues.

Hey why didn’t anyone tell me Ichiro signed back on with the Mariners? OK maybe I’m the only one who cares but I do care dammit!

They played some baseball in Montreal to wrap up spring training for the Cards and Blue Jays. No score, bottom of the ninth, two out. At the plate: Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Couldn’t have written a better finish. I miss the Expos. Wonder if they could ever make another run at an MLB team up there?

In case you weren’t aware, there’s an investor group trying to make that happen. Nothing imminent, but there’s a real effort.

Yep, but the one obstacle remains an obstacle: a new stadium.

I’m all for the intransigence of the Quebecois continuing to give the finger to rich assholes soaking the public treasury for stadium handouts. Stay strong, brothers and sisters.

A new meaning for “foul territory”:

I will try ever so hard to not make any obvious jokes about the Dodgers (well, here, anyway - there’s this one Dodger fan at work and I make no promise in that regard…)

That’s bad, but it’s not as bad as the Oakland A’s stadium literally flooding the locker rooms with sewage regularly.