MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

True, but I have vaguely positivish feelings about the A’s, and I feel for their fans who have to endure that hellhole.

I watched that game last night and it was pretty strange. The groundscrew was trying to sweep the “water” away and smother it with diamond dry while it was still bubbling up out of the ground like Jed Clampett had shot it. All they managed to do was push the poo-water into the bottom row of field level seats and almost into the camera well (about the only good the diamond dry did was damming that area in front of the well). This all went on for abut a half hour before someone apparently shut off the proper valve, but by then it was way too late.

Seemed like a bad omen for the Dodgers upcoming defense of their pennant.

Speaking of that hellhole, the A’s might wanna buy it.

Reds - Nats game on Opening Day is postponed because of incoming weather.

I know the A’s pitched a site by Laney College for a new stadium but that the city didn’t like that idea. If they could blow up the coliseum and replace it with a smaller nice stadium it would be a win for them and the city.

Laney College wasn’t vetoed by the city this time. The community college district’s board had the final say, but pretty much all of the stakeholders were opposed. Student union, teachers, surrounding community (which is a relatively affordable working-class neighborhood) are afraid of being gentrified out of existence. Everyone was voting “no, thanks”.

Really, I think buying the Coliseum site makes the most sense. BART is already there and there’s plenty of space for other development, like what the Giants are doing around AT&T.

It’s a shame about everything else that comes in the Trevor Bauer package.

I’ve had the opportunity to talk with him a few times, although thankfully never about politics. He’s always seemed kind of quiet until you hit on something he has a passion for (youtube, in my case). While I’m sure I might hold a different opinion if we’d ever had any deeper conversations, I kind of like the guy from my limited exposure to him. I just hope he eventually comes around on the whole Troll in Chief thing.

Cardinals land Greg Holland (pending physical) to a nice 1-year, $14m pillow deal.

Will cost them the 59th pick in the draft this year and $500k in international slot money. They have a bunch of guys in AA and AAA who look like moneybags for slot dollar deals in cleats anyway.

First pitch of the season is a Cubs home run! Sadly, it’s probably all downhill from here :)

Nonsense. We’re clearly going to score 100,000 home runs.

Urena off to an amazing start for Miami. 3 HBP and 2 walks already in the 1st inning. Going to be a long season in Florida for sure, with no Stanton or Yelich to at least make things interesting.

Over/under on combined total wins this season by Florida-based MLB teams? 110?

You think the Rays are going to win 100 games this year?

I just hope Urena didn’t come down with a case of the Ankiels there.

That’s cold.

I like it.

Miami’s emaciated lineup somehow chased Lester before the Cubs chased Urena. Not a good pitching day on either side!

Typical opening day type game though.

Salvador Perez tore his MCL carrying luggage a couple days ago and will be out “4-6 weeks”, which I assume translates into “3-4 months”. Godammit, I thought schlepping bags was the rookies job! Kevin Costner lied to me!!

Two nights of baseball, two 1-0 Giants wins over the Dodgers.

So I guess Torture is back?