MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

BTW, according to STATS inc, last night’s Cardinals-Brewers game was the first game in MLB history to both begin and end with back-to-back HR.

Was it ruled a homerun?

Stories like this are what makes baseball great.

Yep, that’s a home run all right. If the fielder bonks the ball over the fence without the ball coming into contact with ground or fence, dinger it is. I’ve seen a couple of times where a ball caromed off a glove and cleared the wall.

Pablo Sandoval hitting 3-run blasts into McCovey Cove while being paid $19m/yr by the Red Sox will just never get old.

They’ve never been able to make baseball a thing at the summer Olympics. Maybe they should try for the winter Olympics.

I watched the final two innings of this game and it was like that until the end.

Yeah, there’s a great pic of Rodney on the mound in what looks like a pilgrim-killing level of a blizzard. Love it!

Great piece of trivia from the FS1 Brewers-Cardinals broadcast last night.

Since Yadier Molina became the Cardinals catcher, the team has drafted 53 catchers. Those 53 catchers have played a total of 15 innings for the Cardinals combined.

You might be having a bad day, but your bad day is nothing compared to the sports and photo editors at the Denver Post, who went to print with this lulu on the front page of their Rockies annual preview insert.

Um…that’s really bad, ha ha. It’s so bad I’d love to hear the story about how it happened.

If all you’re going by is the light standards over the outfield walls and the pavilion style roofs, the two parks do look a little similar. But beyond that…yeah, that’s bad.

Denver Post just laid off a ton of people two weeks ago. This is what happens.

They look kinda the same if you squint real hard:

Well they both have that funny diamond shape in the middle and a whole lot of grass.

Yeah, I mean, at least it’s not the football stadium. Cut them a break!

Hell of a ninth inning at Miller Park

Hell of a 14th at AT&T.

Dodgers score in the top of the inning to take a 5-4 lead, Andrew McCutchen cranks a 3-run bomb to win it in the bottom half. Fun stuff!

Dodgers off to their worst start in 42 years.

Ohtani is making the Angels into a must-watch team. Set down his first 12 in a row (so far) today, and we’ve all heard about his exploits at the plate when he’s not pitching. Eventually he’ll hit a slump like everyone does, but for now it’s quite the show.

The real funny part? A non trivial number were Cubs fans who, having their game snowed out, went there instead. Since if you drove several hours to watch baseball, then you’re gonna watch some baseball.

From news reports we’re talking a few dozen Cubs fans. But with that attendance it’s probably 10%.

Walking off to take two of three from the defending World Series champs? I’ll take that every day. Fantasy season’s good and fucked anyway, why not put up 8 on McCullers? Whee!