MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

…although I believe the suspension is without pay. If correct, he loses one-half of the bajillion per year that they’re paying him to take drugs and hit balls.

Yep, he’ll forfeit $11m in salary for his suspension.

He probably made calculations similar to mine when I want to stay home but have run out of sick days.

Well, there goes the Mariners’ playoff hopes. Ha! I kill me.

He may be the biggest name player to serve a drug suspension in recent years.

Ryan Braun was pretty big.

Agreed. And he tried denying it, iirc.

Yes he did, and repeatedly, and with the both so-called “injury expert” Will Carroll and Brewers beat writer Tom “Pom poms” Haudricourt defending him at every turn.

His behavior was absolutely despicable. Not only did he deny it, he and his lawyer assassinated the character of the poor guy responsible for collecting the test sample and then never apologized after he finally admitted it. Braun and Aaron Rodgers, at the time, were partners in a Milwaukee area restaurant. Rodgers, to his credit, immediately cut ties with Braun. He said that Braun had repeatedly assured him he was clean.

I’m impressed he got around the bases without crying, not sure I’d have managed it.

Yes, I forgot about Ryan Braun.

I watched some ESPN last night after work. I had forgotten how good Cano had been. He was on his way to the HoF until this.

Braun shoulda gone the Melky route and made a fake website. Hilarious shenanigans are more endearing.

It’s May 16, and the team that spent the most effort this offseason trying to sabotage itself - the Miami Marlins - now has the same record as the defending NL Champion Dodgers, at 16-26. LA has lost two straight to Miami, which follows a series where they got swept in a 4 game series by the Reds. They also dropped 2 of 3 to San Diego last week.

Bartolo brings his own protection from line drives. Impressive shutdown of the Mariner offense for 7 2/3, too.

He’s not quite at the ageless stage of the Big Sexy, but Verlander is doing a fine job of denying Father Time.

In Jeter and Plan Wolverine’s defense, they are already 10 games back and are total trash despite being mostly healthy.

For my fantasy team’s sake, I sure hope they deal Realmuto to a good offensive team soon.

Nice to see the Dodgers get Justin Turner back. He was 3-4 with 5 RBI today.

I like McCullough. He used to be the Royals beat writer, and his snark game is strong. The Royals made the World Series both years he worked for the KC Star, and then the Dodgers did likewise a year after he joined the LA Times. I was beginning to think he had the Midas touch until this season.

The Cardinals have put 10 players on the DL in the last 7 days. Today’s really hurt, losing Paul DeJong for what sounds like at least a few months with a broken pinkie finger on his left hand from a HBP last night.