MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

That’s like Mariano Rivera throwing a 101mph slurve. If he can control that pitch consistently, that’s a dead on KO pitch.

A 101 MPH sinker.

I remember a few months ago, when I thought it was loopy to promote Hicks straight from A-ball. LOL. This wasn’t even his best performance. He’s had whole innings of guys just watching his pitches go by.

Looks like McCutchen is off to the Yankees. Return is Abiatal Avelino, 23 yr old infielder (.287/.333/.446 between AA and AAA). I guess this means Judge’s return isn’t coming anytime soon.

Yay for Cutch. He deserves a deep playoff run.

With the Yankees?

Sorry, I hope he gets knocked out in the first round

No need to be sorry…I understand that a lot of people don’t care for the Yankees.

Not being a fan of the junior circuit, I don’t pay that much attention to what goes on over there. I’m just happy that Cutch is going to a contender, even if it is a debased version of baseball.

Red Sox have looked a bit more vulnerable since shelving Sale.

Astros seem like the team with all the parts, if they can get everything clicking in the last month.

Baltimore @ Kansas City, 3 game series

Hold on to your butts, it’s the series to decide the #1 pick. The losers win, the winners are still losers.

Unless they can sweep KC (which would then give them a 6 game winning streak) I think the O’s have pretty much locked up the #1 pick. Of their remaining 28 games, 16 will come against BOS, NYY, OAK, HOU, and SEA. Meanwhile, the Royals play nothing but sub-.500 teams the rest of the way, aside from seven with the Indians. And four of those come at the very end, long after Cleveland locks up the division.

Dayton Moore wouldn’t know what to do with the number one pick anyway, even if it were gift-wrapped and dropped in his lap. His first round draft record over the last decade has been pretty ghastly.

Sub .500 opponents means little when you’re nigh .300. But yeah, that’s a tough stretch for the Birds.

Indeed. Bet he drafts a pitcher.

More deadline deals:

Gio Gonzalez to the Brewers
Josh Donaldson to the Indians. I’m curious to see where they play him. Jose Ramirez is having an MVP caliber season at third, and Edwin’s had a pretty decent year at DH. First base, maybe?

Definitely an odd move, picking up Donaldson. The obvious route is to put Ramirez at second which would displace Kipnis - who has been having a putrid year, but turned it around some recently. First base is a log jam with Encarnacion, Yonder Alonso and occasionally Yandy Diaz (still terrible in the field but his bat is hard to pass up). Can’t imagine cost for an injured, one month rental was high though, and if you can get even a portion of Donaldson’s production it’s a good problem to have.

Donaldson is the weirdly most traded star.

I guess a player to be named later in return for the AL 2015 MVP isn’t a steep cost. Th question is how healthy is Donaldson, and can he quickly regain his form? He has been out of action for a long time.

Ok, so the Royals swept the Orioles, proving that no one out tanks the Birds.

On the second game of the series, my father’s (from whom I’ve inherited my Royals fandom) birthday, the Royals won on a walk off home run. You’d think it was game 7 of the World Series. It was pretty great.

Well that didn’t take very long.

This is cool.

That turned out way better than Boaty McBoatface.