MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

Shit.

Michael Kopech goes down with a torn UCL. Tommy John bound.

White Sox can’t win for losing.

Even some of the broadcaster’s seasons are coming to a premature end.

There are things in this world worth fighting over, but I’m not sure the 2018 Detroit Tigers are one of them.

I think that sometimes the death march on the field infects the booth too. 2004 Cubs massive meltdown took down Stone and Chip Caray when they decided to meltdown alongside the team.
So that was a silver lining.

Looks like Elon Musk bought the Phillies.

They apparently did not have the tarp down for part of the weekend (The Phils were in NY).

That looks like a potential candidate for the “What Could Possibly Go Wrong” thread.

The turface is fire resistant. So we really only gotta worry about the guys shoes. And maybe leg hairs.

Burning his Nikes - while wearing them.

An early winner in today’s Intarweb!

Bryce Harper can absolutely rake. Seriously.

God, St Louis. What the fuck?

Hot take: they’re probably not a playoff-worthy team and are currently regressing to the mean at breakneck speed.

I hope Puig did a bat flip for all three (!) of his home runs, with each more audacious than the last.

Chris Sale is matched against Jacob deGrom today in the first matchup of two starting pitchers with sub-2.00 ERAs since…

…September 11, 1985. Dwight Gooden vs John Tudor. They’d both finish the season with 20 wins, and sub-2.00 ERAs, too, and Gooden would edge Tudes for the Cy Young.

In that game (which I very well remember listening to while trying to study in my dorm at Mizzou my first semester), Gooden and Tudor were masterful and both threw 9 shutout innings. In the top of the tenth, Cesar Cedeno (a waiver-wire trade that led to one of the greatest hitting months in St. Louis history) smacked a moon-shot home run off Jesse Orosco.

Tudor came out and pitched a 1-2-3 tenth inning for the complete game shutout.

That might literally be the funniest video I’ve watched in weeks. I’ve got tears running down my cheeks, shaking with laughter.

I mean…THIS IS REAL. THIS IS NOT AN SNL SKETCH.

Most Embarrassing Fans in Baseball.

I don’t mean all Red Sox fans. I mean those two numpties. That is hilarious :)

Could the Royals/Orioles beat their own farm teams?

That was too good to be true. I wonder how much of the things these two clowns own “fell off a truck.”

The moment after Jason Kipnis connected for a walk-off grand slam last night. I love this pic, not so much because I’m a Cleveland fan (it was against the White Sox after all), but for how much of the game it captures: