MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

The Phillies are on their holidays already and have been for weeks. They might have 27 strike outs in a game before this season is done, so keen are they to get it over and done with. Such a wretched end to what was a really enjoyable season for them through the end of July.

Mat Latos seems like a quality guy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-mlb-pitcher-mat-latos-ordered-stay-away-ex-girlfriend-threats-violence-143859733.html

So I guess the O’s are benching Chris Davis for the season’s final weekend:

I don’t think that’s quite true, BTW. It’s the lowest BA of all time for someone with at least 502 plate appearances - the modern rule. But up until the 1950’s, the qualifier for batting titles was simply 100 games played. Based on that, it would appear to be the 6th worst average of all time, based on era, with the other 5 guys all having played during the 19th century through the dead ball era. And I’m not even sure what the rule was in the 1800’s, since most teams played less than 100 games - sometimes far less - in the early years of MLB.

Anyway, looks like $23 million well spent, with only 4 years/$92M to go!

Davis hit .196 in 2014, then .262 before the big contract. Surprise! That .196 wasn’t an aberration. He proceeded to hit .221, .215, and now .168 in the following three years.

I thought the race to the bottom was going to be closer.

The Royals have problems, the Orioles have Davis.

There’s always next year!

<Pokes head in…smirks…shakes head thinks of he below…leaves…>

I think somebody has a bad case of the Marlins.

Who?

“Baseball, the sport for men in button-downs.”

Good lord, Christian Yelich. We get it. You’re the MVP.

Yelich just 2 RBI behind Baez to be the first NL Triple Crown winner since I think Ducky Medwick in the 1930s.

4 games that matter in the NL today, all 2-0 after the first inning.

I should be pissed or something, over the Cubs, but ever since 2016 I am like, ah - might win- whatever. been there done that. I actually would like to see the Brewers win WS! Yelich and Cain are pretty awesome.

Also currently a 3-way tie for the NL HR lead.

Dodgers look like they’re gonna make the Rockies work for it. 6-0 LA now.

You’d think this would be the perfect day for me, as a Cubs and Tigers fan. If they both win, it’s all good with the Cubs winning the NL Central. But I know better, and the way things started is just about exactly what I expected. The Cubs are backing into the playoffs and the Tigers are straight-up bad. With how things have gone in the last month or so, the Brewers deserve to win the Central and the Cubs will be lucky to make it out of the wild card game.

Edit: Of course, if the Cardinals want to hand the Cubs some runs, it still might end up well in Chicago. St Louis defense is just terrible.

Dodgers and Rox have taken the excitement out of game 162 chaos, they’re up 14-0 and 7-0 respectively. We may never see the craziness of 2011 again.

Well, there’s still Game 163. That’s about as much chaos as we can expect.

Nice clip, but you could’ve just posted it as an example of chaos, without dismissing the chaos that is to come. Tomorrow it appears very likely we’ll have two game 163s for the first time in MLB history I believe.

The Rockies, Brewers, and Dodgers have outscored their opponents today by a (so far) combined score of 37-0.

And the Cubs are presently up 10-4.

I love that Khris Davis meme.