MLB 2019: Can't Hurdle the Turtle

So, you’re anxious to see them lose to the Brewers again? :)

Ho ho ho.

Very hyped to see the mighty Rangers lineup battle their way to last place in the AL West this year. You know you’re in bad shape when your #5 hitter is a 35yo Hunter Pence and you’re relying on almost-36yo Jeff Mathis behind the plate.

Every single one of y’all grumpies in here poo-pooing your favorite team are forgetting that they are, all* currently

tied for 1st place

*except the A’s

Yea… until MLB negotiates blackout-free media deals (roughly never) I feel no guilt picking up MLB.tv and then using alternate sources to actually get the product I paid for.

I’m pulling for Cubs to find some way to sneak into the playoffs despite playing the Brewers and Cardinals umpteen times. And for the Tigers to work hard for that #1 draft pick.

Hear, hear.

I don’t have the time to actually watch anything, but out of curiosity: Can you just VPN it, or does that degrade quality enough that you’re better off finding a link from a subreddit?

Also, good grief. I just installed At Bat on the bus ride in, and it has sent me I think 7 notifications now? None of them about the Twins. Good grief. I paid for your damn product, get off my nuts!

Depends on your VPN. I can usually find a decent server that works for a stream when I want to punish myself by watching the Tigers, but it’s not uncommon to need to try several until I hit the one that happens to be working that day.

Yeah, sorry, but a lot of folks here in southern Wisconsin got pretty fed up with Cubs fans invading Miller Park and bringing their little “W” flags with them. There was quite a bit of schadenfreude up here when they lost the division playoff game to the Brewers and then lost the wildcard.

Once more, with feeling: fuck Addison Russel.

I blame him entirely, and don’t feel the least bit bad it is unfair

He needed to be cut, imho.

He needed to be in jail, if half of the allegations are true. But that’s a separate issue.

Investigation over? I don’t even know. But yeah, I’m going to have bad feelings towards him when he comes back.

Very not okay to keep him on the team.

Nope, tied for 2nd place because THE MARINERS ARE IN 1ST!!!

Keeping him on the team, announcing their partnership with Sinclair media, spending more time during the off season renumbering their seats to have lower numbers (section 500 is now section 400 but don’t worry there is still a pole between your view and the pitcher!!!) than upgrading their roster. They make it hard to want to keep caring.

Oh, they did raise ticket prices too.

Man I missed the Sinclair bit, being 2000 miles away now. That’s a hard pass from me.

Fuck Addison Russell indeed, and fuck Ricketts too. But that said, the Cubs opening line-up looks pretty damn good, if basically unchanged apart from Zagunis filling in for Schwarber.

• CF Albert Almora Jr.
  • 3B Kris Bryant
  • 1B Anthony Rizzo
  • SS Javy Baez
  • C Willson Contreras
  • 2B David Bote
  • DH Ben Zobrist
  • RF Jason Heyward
  • LF Mark Zagunis

I’m pretty happy about that. Still think Happ should be in there, though.

Fun fact for opening day: This will be the first season (well, since 1901 anyway) that no player who played in the 20th Century is on any of the MLB opening day rosters. Edit: Beltre and Colon were the last.