MLB 2022: The Return of the Ghost Runner

More old white baseball writers having strokes department

I’m against the universal DH but I am fine with extra innings games being decided by hovercraft jousting.

My favorite thing about that is that it is John Gant’s new manager and team in the NPB.

And I am imagining John Gant’s reaction to all that.

And I am greatly amused.

I’ll bet at least one MLB owner has proposed something like hovercraft bullpen carts, and then I’ll bet his team of lawyers immediately said “lol no”.

Nike must’ve fired the CityConnect guy that was beating everything with the ugly stick. These are pretty sweet. I really dig that blue-grey and details.

yeah, love the cherry blossom unis. Those are freaking sweet.

I saw this and instantly started searching for where I can buy a jersey and cap.

I know it’s spring, but 29-8 is still pretty impressive.

The Cardinals have averaged 29 runs per game with Pujols in the lineup since 2012.

It appears something was up with Michael Conforto:

That is, if you believe Scott Boras.

I actually got into an argument with another Mets fan about him. I said he was dumb for not taking the qualifying offer as he would get murdered in free agency. He had said he would get like 20 million a year. The one time I may have been right.

He’s going to end up signing a 5 million dollar 1 year contract at this point. I mean why would you want to stay on a team where the dude is throwing money around like it’s Monopoly money? ;)

It seems the Mets are pretty set on a Canha-Nimmo-Marte outfield. But you could definitely make an argument for a Canha-Marte-Conforto outfield as a better option.

What worries me more is them giving Robinson Cano reps at 1B. Yikes.

Ugh I did not see that. Pete has been perfectly fine at 1b and I think it may hurt him to just DH. Cano just needs to go the f away.

Hicks’s arm is going to fall off sooner than later, but for now this is just fun to see a human being make a baseball do things like this:

1. Lordy.

Dodgers and White Sox trade!

AJ Pollock to the Chisox for Craig Kimbrel. Straight up 1 for 1 deal, no money or anything else involved.

Terrible news for the Mets, and really MLB in general: Jacob deGrom has a stress reaction injury to his scapula.

I know of three MLB pitchers to have that injury.

It ended Edwin Correa’s career in 1987. It kind of changed the trajectory of the careers of Brandon McCarthy and Michael Wacha, both of whom more recently had that same injury.

Here’s hoping for a recovery for deGrom. Right now they’re saying he’s probably out for at least the first 6-8 weeks of the season, minimum.

(Here’s also hoping that it puts some medical science into really studying this still fairly rare injury/condition to see what can be done with changing mechanics, etc. to prevent it.)

Being a Mets fan is nothing but pain.

I give up.

Wacha had a solid season the year after his stress reaction was diagnosed. But part of his recovery involved him stopping throwing his disappearing changeup nearly so much, making him a pitcher with a fastball and mediocre curve.

(He now does throw a lot more changeups, but it’s a different changeup than the one that got him drafted in the first round.)

I mean he missed like what half of last season with mystery injuries? And in theory had a huge long break and now this. It just seems his crazy ass velocity is not something a starting pitcher can do for an extended period of time. This succkkkssss. He could have at least made it to the regular season before crushing our hopes.

I wish Stroman wasn’t such a dick that they would have kept him. They certainly could have used him.