MLB 2023: the Year The RSNs Broke

I like the Columbia Unis. Boston 2.0.

Ducks, pond, Trout at bat.

Base hit. USA up 3-2. Mike Trout is having a game when Team USA needed him.

You know what is wrong with MLB? I have legit never seen him play.

You live on the east coast. He plays for a west coast team that’s made the playoffs once during 12 year career – for three games.

Blame Arte Moreno.

I guess but I feel other major sports promote their stars better. He’s like Babe Ruth good and I bet most people have no clue who he is. 3-2… Hopefully Pete doesn’t hit a hr and rip his arms off. ;)

MLB doesn’t promote that particular star, and a part of that is the player. Trout doesn’t seem to really care about doing some of the self-promotional stuff, commercial endorsements, etc. that other guys do.

But MLB helps promote the hell out of guys like Mookie Betts, Manny Machado, Shohei Ohtani, Pete Alonso, Max Scherzer, etc. etc.

I guess, but I did the unscientific test of asking my daughter and wife players and they guessed a hell of a lot of basketball and football players and I don’t watch either sport. Who thought putting Arenado, Alonso and Schwarber in order was a good idea? It’s like begging for double plays. ;)

Guillermo Zuniga making his play to make the Cardinals roster by whiffing Goldy and retiring Arenado on a grounder.

Team USA can kind of cheese their way into the next round, guaranteed. They just need to avoid losing by more than 2 runs, and we’re in the 9th inning.

So basically, if they allow the bases loaded, the tactically correct play would be to walk the next two men and allow Colombia to win by 1. But man would they take a bunch of shit from the baseball community if they did that.

Ya it’s lame, but they can just walk in the winning run and they win. I doubt it comes to that.

Great Britain would be pissed. They get an automatic bid to the next WBC if the USA beats Colombia…but Colombia gets that bid if they beat the USA.

Nolan Arenado is good at baseball.

Mookie Betts is also good at baseball.

Trea Turner is an interesting shortstop.

And that’s a winner. Whew.

Woo no horror show needed. Praying for a miracle for Diazbut I think we all know what the report will be.

LOL, “Trea Turner” is trending.

I hated for the Dodgers to lose Turners offense, but he is not a great SS. Of course I thought the Dodgers would sign another SS.

Looks like that tweet was deleted, so I’ll never know what happened!

Nats were looking at a terrible season already, and now this:

It’s amazing how quickly they tanked after winning the WS. It’s barely a AAA team. I’m really curious to see what injury Diaz has. He’s obviously likely out of the season, but that shit is weird. He’s ankle was flopping around which makes me wonder if it was something other than the ACL. It’s freaking terrifying.

Yeah, that record-setting contract of $35m/year to Strasburg after he won the 2019 World Series MVP was a killer. It ate up the team’s money to resign Rendon (which, that worked out pretty well). And then they thought by trading off Trea Turner they’d use THAT money to sign Juan Soto…but Soto refused to re-up on a long term deal.

The deal for Patrick Corbin has been a disaster, and they’ve had highly touted prospects like Carter Kieboom that just haven’t worked out. They’re also for sale, but only own 23% of MASN so their TV rights are more screwed up than other teams in the RSN squeeze.

Corbin is still on the books through next year ouch. That was a Jason Bay level fail on their part. -2.5 war last season.