MLB The show (22) tonight!

Ya well that would totally make sense that the Europe people could give two shits. You also may not notice the issues if you aren’t doing the online stuff. I 100% only do diamond dynasty and if I can get in I get error messages all the time. Thursday night I couldn’t even login to the game for like 2 hours.

I have tons of other things to do so it doesn’t bother me much. I kind of expected this was what was going to happen.

OK, so I decided to go with a SP for now (I always played 2B back when I played this game). Other than being prompted on off-days what to do, is there any way to improve yourself? I saw training somewhere (once - don’t remember where), where it gave me a Silver medal, but it didn’t seem to actually improve me at all. I mean, playing games does, but seems to do so slowly. Which is fine - not expecting to turn into Randy Johnson after 3 games - but just wondering if there are other ways to improve my player.

WTF is parallel XP?

RTTS progress is busted right now. I really wouldn’t play it until they patch it. But, yeah, even in previous games, and when not bugged, it’s pretty slow. The big gains are from getting medals in training (every half dozen or so games I think) and one-off events. It’s even more so this year, supposedly, with equipment playing an outsized role.

I’ve seen comments about equipment - but I don’t know where that comes in. Do I buy it? Is it awarded somehow? How do I use it?

The game doesn’t seem to explain stuff like this very well.

Loot boxes, baby! Or you can just buy it direct with stubs. Not sure on the specifics this time round, because like I say I haven’t dipped into RTTS yet. I think you equip them on your ballplayer loadout

Can earn equipment in Diamond Dynasty mode, then equip it on your RttS player.

I can’t recommend this game to anyone right now. It’s been over a week and the servers are just getting worse. It’s pretty much unplayable online. They will fix it eventually but holy crap this is bad.

Well, appreciate your taking one for the team, as it were. I’ll give this one a little more time in the bullpen before I give it a try.

Literally after anything I do I get kicked to the main menu when I’m done because it errors out. And for the last half hour you can’t get in at all. I don’t know how you could do this much worse.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Getting server errors now.

For everyone, I highly, HIGHLY suggest you do the conquest modes. You’ll, get tons of equipment, stubs, cards everything. And for the most part it’s super easy. A few points:

• It’s very much like Risk and thankfully the AI is bad at the strategic portion.
  • Don’t ever okay an actual game until you ha e to take the AI’s HQ. you’re just wasting your time otherwise. To take a space with 1 enemy have 4 to attack with. If the enemy has 2 on a helm use 6-8 etc. above these numbers just got for 2:1 or have a +10 surplus.
  • If you cut off a group of hexes from their HQ they can’t reinforce them. Often it paralyses the AI where they can’t reach their guys.
  • Surround the AI HQ but don’t attack it. This starves them. When you can attack and have the numbers to play a rookie game… that’s when I go for it.
  • When the AI HQ is surrounded they get one attack out of it per turn. It only succeeds 25% of the time and then they only have 1 unit on the hex they took.
  • I don’t bother to attack AI HQ until I’ve taken the entire nap outside of their HQ’s.
  • Skip stealing fans.

You will gets lots and lots of stuff from completing these modes.

As you use a player that can get that, and others do too, their stats can go up. So a blanket increase of +1, all the way up to +5.

They uh, seem to have changed the rules of baseball an awful lot when I wasn’t looking?

Lolol

Yeah, in previous years I’ve divided most of my time between RTTS and Conquest. There’s loads of rewards for doing the latter, and it’s a low pressure way to engage with all the player card stuff.

Tried Conquest. Don’t get it. Also, being as I suck at baseball, too hard for me since it doesn’t seem like I can adjust the sliders like I can for RttS. So I’m sticking with RttS.

2 questions about RttS pitchers:

1. When (assuming it happens eventually) can you add a 4th pitch? I’m good with the starting 3, but like to add a 2-seam FB.
  2. Are you ever allowed to progress above 50 in a stat?

You don’t really need to adjust the sliders, you just use the strategic map to get the odds in your favour. I tend not to do manual games until the odds open up Rookie. I can just about play at Veteran level ordinarily, though not well, but over three innings the chances of me scoring a run are too low for it to be worthwhile.

You can even get free stuff in conquest without playing a single game! Just take over the rest of the map. There’s hidden packs, upgrades, equipment, and then all the unlocks when you get so many people.

If you want to upgrade your RTTS character or do DD it’s kinda silly to not do conquest due to the freebies you get. @ChiTownBluesFan what part of conquest don’t you get?

The entire thing.

I mean, I could take over blank territories until all the counters are at ‘1’, but then I can’t do anything else. Then do the other teams ever attack? If so, how do I defend? The whole concept just doesn’t make sense to me.