MMORPG me

That’s in COH. They’re called Enhancements.

— Alan

Actually a certain amount of skill of required, if you want to win, but that’s besides the point. I play poker to make money.

I play games to have fun.

If the fun isn’t inherent in the game mechanics, I don’t like the game, I like my friends, and I can chat on IRC for free.

I think this is worth quoting yet again. Having a regular group to play with, in my experience (whether it’s a MMOG, Raven Shield or Gauntlet on the Xbox), can greatly enhance the experience.

Not that I have a regular group playing Gauntlet on the Xbox but I did once have a friend I had to practically pry away from the machine. :)

I manage to upgrade a piece of my character’s equipment. This is a real accomplishment. This makes me proud

Man! I don’t mean to take sides and I’m not making fun (everyone’s experiences differ), but I find this particular turn of phrase hilarious. I’m gonna have to rattle off my accomplishments next time my wife starts in on the amount of time I’m on the machine.

Scene: living room, 11:30 am, OMG has just ended a CoH session that started well before dawn -

OMG: (tiptoeing into the room with a book open and sitting down for a second, then stretching noisily)

Old Man Gravy’s Old Lady: Where’ve you been all morning?

OMG: (looking confused) What do you mean? Nowhere! I was right here most the morning, reading this book. I was here so long I stiffened up and had to stretch, didn’t you notice?

OMGOL: Without looking at the book, can you tell me what you’re reading?

OMG: The Bible?

OMGOL: Nope, it’s Jenny’s copy of Heather Has Two Mommies, and you’re reading it upside down. (OMG drops the book and rubs hands on pants) You were on that computer when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning! I think it’s time to call that addiction counselor I told you about.

OMG: No, no, you got it all wrong, you don’t know what I accomplished! Listen, I got a level 12 confusion duration training enhancement! And a ‘Catch a Breath’ Inspiration! Plus I slew a purple Mortificator!

OMGOL: Oh, you HAVE had a productive morning! I’m sorry I was judgemental; I’m glad our daughter has a good example in her life like you who sets the bar for themselves high. By the way, you’re sitting on my favorite end table.

Sorry about that thread near-hijack. Yuri, I’m an MMO baby like you and have found baby’s first MMO CoH to be a ton of fun. Don’t sweat soloing - my main is a controller, and I haven’t had that much trouble with it.

No offense, but Enhancements are just like the combat: excrutiatingly boring.

No offense, but Enhancements are just like the combat: excrutiatingly boring.[/quote]

Wow. That’s something your continued posts on a game you personally don’t like have in common with enhancements and combat then.

Yep. Because we all know that screenshots and advertisement really let us get a good feel for how a game plays. :roll:

No offense, but Enhancements are just like the combat: excrutiatingly boring.[/quote]

Wow. That’s something your continued posts on a game you personally don’t like have in common with enhancements and combat then.[/quote]Clever, but a little too wordy to truly be witty.

Wow. That’s something your continued posts on a game you personally don’t like have in common with enhancements and combat then.[/quote]Clever, but a little too wordy to truly be witty.[/quote]

But the target doesn’t get to be the arbiter.

Yep. Because we all know that screenshots and advertisement really let us get a good feel for how a game plays. :roll:[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. I was hoping the phrase “agree with Ebonstone” would suffice instead of a :wink: . Guess not.

Nobody has mentioned Toontown Online yet? $10 a month, free download, very cooperative play. www.toontown.com

Is this a legit suggestion or is this a joke? :?:

Pretty sure Toontown is a legit suggestion. What I remember hearing about it placed it as even easier to get into/less complex than CoH (which isn’t as simplistic as, say, Ebonstone would have you believe).

Haven’t played it, but the video at the linked site looks interesting. I like the fact that there are more things to do than just battle “monsters”, but IIRC, someone posted a while back about it and the character “development” is incredibly shallow.

Wow. That’s something your continued posts on a game you personally don’t like have in common with enhancements and combat then.[/quote]Clever, but a little too wordy to truly be witty.[/quote]

But the target doesn’t get to be the arbiter.[/quote]
Unfortunately for you, he does.

I just want to say, if you even consider visiting Toontown’s website, you need to turn in your Male Gamer card and apply for immediate castration.

Seriously. It would be a horrific day if you signed on to Toontown. Mostly because I’d have to track you down and ritualistically slaughter your family and drown you in their blood.

Wait for World of WarCraft. I’ve played several MMOs and this is the first one that really sucked me in.

I just want to say, if you even consider visiting Toontown’s website, you need to turn in your Male Gamer card and apply for immediate castration.

Seriously. It would be a horrific day if you signed on to Toontown. Mostly because I’d have to track you down and ritualistically slaughter your family and drown you in their blood.[/quote]

Toontown is a great great little game. That’s a legit suggestion.

-Walt

Because all “Male Gamers” are the same, right, and have to like the same things?

What a maroon.

Troy

Because all “Male Gamers” are the same, right, and have to like the same things?

What a maroon.

Troy[/quote]

Don’t worry about Ebonstone, he’s just the local jackass.

I meant it as a legitimate suggestion. It is a simplified version of the usual MMO gameplay, with a very polished presentation. My kids just finished talking me into signing us up, and I learned last night the first month is only $4.95. Nothing to lose in trying it at that price. You can get a lot of tips on the game at fan sites like http://www.toontowncentral.com/