Mobile forum font size: you like 'em BIG, and ROUND

Color schemes are equally important. Why do you diss the staff for these work? It makes Qt3 customizable, which I think is great. So, that’s great work that needed to be recognize. So, now that you’ve made it clear that bigger font is a CSS “themeing” and arrendek has volunteered, I think we all can wait patiently for that to work out over time.

We built the theming system for this reason, too. If it isn’t getting done, ask yourself why? Who doesn’t consider it important enough to do? Like I said, it’s literally 5 minutes of work to clone one theme and add a font-size override to the post body.

All themes having font-size options, sure, that’s a technical issue that is on us, and I acknowledge that. But that’s not the request here, is it? The tools are here right now, today, to do what you want. But I’m not staff.

Why are you using “px” for fonts? Wouldn’t “pt” or “em” adapt better to user settings? (Ignore this if I’m wrong.)

[edit]

Chrome on Android allows me to change the default font size for the browser, but this only works on some texts. Thread titles for instance remain unchanged.

Remember me as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now, so you must be,
Prepare for death and follow me.

Get off of Gramps mobile OS (iOS) and move to Android Chrome.

In Chrome, under settings accessibility, there’s a text scaler slider, and it’ll allow you fine control over font size and it works with every Discourse theme, any web page…

Or maybe Apple includes a variety of different font size options because it realizes that customers have different needs and desires. I’m having a default experience because font size settings are built in to the motherforking operating system. If I was forced to use a hack (like, say, a bookmarklet) to change font sizes, that would be non-default.

Anyway, since the mods here give a shirt about other human beings, if y’all could create a version of Tomorrow Night (Bright) with a bigger font, that would rock hard.

I too am getting excited at the prospect of being able to read the forum on my Amazon Fire HD 10 without taking my glasses off!

Beat me to it.

OK, I added new old man font size versions of the default and black themes. Give it a shot.

I only changed fonts inside posts so the rest of the page should look identical.

Thanks, that’s a big improvement.

Nice! And I guess as an added bonus the black is a pure black, which looks really good with my iPhone X OLED display. I had been using Solarized Dark.

Just curious how big you made it? Or did you use the Apple specific CSS changes to make it dynamic?

Thanks, @stusser! The black theme with the big font is beautiful and readable on my phone. Appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Yes it’s pure black for OLEDs, that’s why I chose that one for the dark theme to bigfontize. We’ve had that theme for many months, actually. On OLED screens pure black pixels are turned off entirely, so they have perfect contrast and save battery life.

18 point fonts now, which should be big enough for anybody not actually blind.

My prayers are answered!!! Thank you @stusser !! This is sweet, so sweet!!

Now if they could just get the desktop post composition window font size as big as the preview window font size. I keep looking at the right-hand window while typing because it’s easier to read.

See, with desktop, you could just do a CTRL and + or CMD and + (for Apple) to zoom, so that’s pretty easy to fix :)

Yes and you can zoom in on mobile too, but since you have such small screens then you end up with hscroll which is an abomination unto jehoveh.

And the lord spake unto Moses, ye shall not scroll your windows along the horizon, only as the sun crosses the sky.

Alas Moses didn’t have enough space on the tablets and couldn’t fit the eleventh commandment there.

GOOD NEWS!

Now that we finished our giant CSS refactor this becomes much simpler to do @stusser

html {
    font-size: 16px !important;
}

And fonts are large, you could probably even push it up to 17px.

Clay (or maybe I, don’t remember) did it with

.post-stream .cooked {
  font-size: 18px;
}

But I believe that only affects text inside posts, not everywhere. You think it’s worthwhile to switch to that new CSS for our two blind-old-bastard themes?