Modern Warfare II 2022

BF has less aim assist than CoD by far imo. Some games have certainly over done it in the past. See Fortnite at one point where all the pros literally switched to gamepad and wrecked because aim assist was super overtuned. My point is that it simply isn’t in CoD, at all.

I have no idea where people get the SBMM complaining either though. You can’t complain that it always puts you against sweats AND complain that you always get no-thumb players on your team. If SBMM is strong enough you wouldn’t have those terrible players in the game either.

Yeah, I need to get back to playing some CoD to see how it feels there. I just know it doesn’t automatically make me an aimbot. Going back and forth between m+k on pc, and controller on Xbox probably doesn’t help me too. :)

I play with PC players regularly while using a controller on both PS5 and PC and have for years. I get motion sickness from mouse/keyboard now so I rarely even try to use it even though I was a top Quake player with it years ago.

Both types of players make up my lobbies these days. They are always competitive matches. It really doesn’t seem to matter what anyone is using. Usually when I’m doing my best it’s because I’m simply outflanking the rest of their team and vice versa. Certainly I complain about a bad spawn sometimes in multiplayer, but that’s gonna happen. Life goes on. In the Warzone, it matters even less what your control scheme is. If you’re playing well, using all the tools, controlling the map, ruling the high ground, staying in cover, etc., you will get to the final circles.

Honestly, what occurred to me is that skill based matchmaking kind of makes the cross platform play moot.

If someone is awesome with a mouse and keyboard, and it gives them assume kind of advantage… Whatever. They’ll rise up in the skill ladder, and play against better people than me.

The folks I end up getting matched against are people who, regardless of their platform or input, have an manifested play ability that is right on par with me, and that’s cool with me.

Skill based matchmaking solves a ton of problems, and if it harms douchebag streamers, so much the better, because they are a cancer on gaming, and it’s nice to see a game like CoD tell them to get fucked, because CoD doesn’t need their advertising to sell a billion copies of their game.

Yeah, while I enjoy watching some streamers (specifically the ones that complain the least), I totally see their influence on a lot of games as being largely detrimental to game design when taken too seriously. They need to win to continue to be successful. Anything that makes it harder on them to get the dubs will always be a bad thing for them, and SBMM definitely makes it harder on them.

Like anyone else, I get upset when I fail. It sucks to lose, but you’re gonna lose a lot unless you’re in the top .1%. That’s just how it goes. Adjust to learning from losses and it’s real easy to get better. Every game in the Warzone I feel like I’ve learned something, usually from the way I got snuffed out. Instead of complaining, learn the lessons and improve for next time.

this is definitely true if the playerbase is large enough. Fortnite is a great example of this. Fortnite mixes PC players with switch and mobile players, but it’s got a pretty heavy skill based component so it ends up mostly feeling fair.

edit: as a streamer I hope I am not a douchebag :P

What’s supremely ironic is that they specifically want the ability to just crush other players.

Like, they are saying (in many cases, explicitly stating), “why should I have to try super hard to win?”

Well… Because it’s your job?

I mean, if you are going to make it literally your fucking job that you get paid for, then yeah, maybe you should be the one putting in effort, and you aren’t owed flocks of sheep for you to murder on air.

Oh, it’s not fun to have to go to against better players who murder you while it’s streamed on the Internet? No shit, dude. Welcome to the party, pal.

Nah, I’m speaking in generalities about the worst.

There are lots of streamers who provide all kinds of valuable services to gaming communities. Like folks who do in depth analysis of game mechanics, stats, etc. And those guys aren’t hurt by things like skill based matchmaking.

The only ones who are really hurt, are the ones whose streams are basically, “watch me pwn the nubs!” And fuck those guys if they can’t hack it against better players.

Another SBMM take that I’ve seen a few times:

That and reading or hearing of people uninstalling after tearing through the camo grind. I guess for some that was the whole point of the game?

that is why the absurdly bad map shipment is popular and why shoothouse is so popular. Heck, Shipment was only designed to be a FFA map in the first game it was in, 8 player max and now with very little change is expected to be fun with 12. blech.

Tons of people only play to unlock tickboxes and then move on, and tiny maps with forced instant engagement preferably against players bad enough to not fight back is the best way to tick those boxes.

As @Harkonis notes above, there are a lot of people who just play for the “prestige” of grinding and owning all the camos on all the guns. They aren’t really there to enjoy the actual gameplay. It’s all about having the stuff and wasting time with your friends doing it. They don’t want to have to compete.

Activision should let them pay $100 or something to unlock all the stuff and just take their money so they’ll shut up and stop grinding it.

That’s the other issue, people just want to win and have all the weapons maxed and camos all with in 5 minutes of it going live.

I have maxed 21 weapons and 60 camos so far and there is no major issue, some of the things to get them unlocked is a pain, 20 mounted kills with a shotgun for example. But we are in the I want I want I Want and I Want i now otherwise I will bitch on twitter/youtube/**** etc.

Most of the stuff comes just by playing

So we still have warzone split off from mw2 I guess. Anyway, I’ve had two or the little token hexagon thing fill up today and when I go to battle pass to turn them in they aren’t there. The first time I thought maybe I was misremembering but I’ve now seen this happen two more times. My battle pass screen shows 00 tokens but it’s been that way and I’ve received 3 or 4 tokens this afternoon. This is the first time I’ve seen this. Anything to do?

They show up eventually. Don’t worry about it too much.

Nice, thanks. Took a break and came back and they were there. 👍

Generally, my experience has been that MW2 is a very good game, and its UI is one of the buggiest pieces of shit that I have ever seen.

Still available to play some MP sometime with you guys. FWIW I have a group up, HellRazors is the name, #7714066. Reddish logo. Could help coordinate

I will play again sometime. I’m doing some SF6 tonight since the beta is only for the weekend. I still haven’t done any Knock Out or Search since launch.

I’ve seen an invite for this the last day or so whenever I log in. Once I joined and you and I just stood in the lobby while I talked trying to see if my mic was working or not (it seemed to be) but you must have been afk so I eventually dropped. Then I kept getting the invite when logged in but there didn’t actually seem to be a group to join.

Also, the double xp weekend (I assume) is awesome and I’m getting some guns filled out with parts! Parts is parts!

I probably was not actually in CoD when you joined. It says online many times when someone is online but not in CoD. Gotta make sure it says I’m doing something CoD related. Also I am rarely in gamechat so likely would not have heard you, but definitely would have seen you since I haven’t been afk in CoD since I started the group.

Also keep in mind it is not a party invite, a group is closer to a clan. It’s actually just like clans were in Titanfall where it’s just a social group to organize lobbies. Social tab, then group.

Cool. I thought it might be more clan like but then at first time it dropped me into a lobby with you. Or a ghost of you, hehe. Anyway, this time I went thru all the button pushes and joined properly. Then had a good round, then a great round that got cut short when the game crashed on me. Ugh.

I’m really enjoying my better sniper rifles along with my backup lmg that has some nice upgrades. It’s a fun combo with two pretty different playstyles they seem to complement each other pretty well.

All I really play is Invasion unless there is some weapon bonus thingy for say shotguns that I can bust out in a game or two of the quickie rounds like tdm or headquarters.

Finally feel mostly good about muscle memory and playing with a controller. But it makes me hesitate to try jumping back into say RDR2O or even Witcher due to me not wanting to screw up my memory and have to relearn. Fucking age, man.