Modern Warfare II 2022

I’ve had all kinds of odd stuff since the mid-season update. Sunday whenever I started the game on PS5 there was no sound. Every other game and the PS menus were fine. I tried restarting the console, my TV, the sound bar, etc. Headset would work but I wanted to play casual multiplayer without anything on my head. Nothing fixed it.

Last night I start it up and everything is fine. Sound is there. I didn’t do anything. It was clearly the game.

I really wish they’d take about two months to make a “Fix shit” pass through everything in the game instead of working to add more.

Ok, so I think the weird lag thing was due to a network issue on my end, and I resolved it, so my bad for blaming COD.

But NOW, I’ve been seeing some new thing starting yesterday.

I was in a game where my team was turbo trash, and they were just feeding the enemy kills and getting murdered (I think I went 20-9 though, so whatever, I was enjoying myself although I was really wishing my team would stop feeding the meat grinder).

Then, right before the end, they all decide to just bail, and so the server at the very end is just me on our team, and I think one of the folks who left, right at the very end, may have been the host and then it shifted hosts or whatever.

It got super crazy choppy, with the audio stuttering and whatever.

And then, EVERY game after that ran into the same thing. Even after doing a hard reboot of the system. I’m kind of curious if it presents itself today when I play.

It’s weird though, in that it doesn’t impact actual gameplay at all. It is solely present after the game ends, when it goes to the final kill or POTG.

Also, anyone notice that the POTG doesn’t really work?

For me, when it goes into POTG, I see maybe a second or two of it, and then the camera disconnects from the player and I can just fly it around freely, but there are no longer players or anything in the game to see. Very weird and buggy.

Heh, no one ever wants to pay engineers to simply fix shit though. They only pay for new shinies.

Here’s a thread in Reddit that seems to be exactly what I’m seeing.

The guy says he played a campaign mission and then that fixed it, so I’ll try that.

And… Nope

Yeah I get that occasionally as well

I’m getting it literally every single game at the end of the match, essentially blocking the display of the final scoreboard.

It doesn’t impact the gameplay itself, which is perfectly smooth, but it’s annoying.

I have not seen that problem. Maybe try reinstalling the game?

I’m tempted to, since the problem persists, but folks have apparently said that even after a full reinstall they still had the issue, which makes me question whether it’s worth the effort.

But yeah, I’ll likely do that.

If you have fast Internet with PS5 it’s not too big a deal. Always a pita though.

Yeah it’s downloading now. We will see!

Nope, even after a full reinstall it still happens. Super weird.

Well, I fixed it by doing something that was also in that Reddit thread.

I turned off custom controller mappings, and then back on, and that fixed it.

So random.

double xp of all types right now fwiw

Not sure I’m ready for this much realism in my FPS:

Jason Schreier reported this back in Feb, but other sources are now corroborating the leak that this year’s CoD is a continuation of the current game instead of a different setting.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1681089567871455232

Continuation as in a continuation of the horribad story, or just a continuation of the same basic framework?

Whoa whoa whoa… if we get more Los Vaqueros, I’m all in on that.

Also… got our first Ranked Win last night. Butt puckering at the end but I pulled it out.

Ok, as goofy as all of the political stuff was, those guys were cool.