Modern Warfare II 2022

Aaah, gotcha. Thanks for clarification. If there is no point to Pre-order (I don’t care about the campaign) I’ll wait then and grab it later.

Yeah, just download and play for free starting tomorrow. Everyone is in the pool tomorrow.

made the mistake of playing 17 hours on day 1, got every weapon capped and hit 30 but I am way too old for this.

regarding crossplay it’s full crossplay and you have gamepad’s complaining about mouse precision and m/kb complaining about aim assist. Both sides seem to think the other side is basically cheating. I just play the game.

SAME =)

Played a few rounds last night on my series x. Ran like butter for the most part. The only glitch I found was in the contrast setup at the beginning one of the sliders wouldn’t move back left.

No griefers but a few kids jibber jabbing like kids do. But don’t think I heard even a cuss word which was surprising.

Controller worked fine for this old dude. Got some kills and the gunplay was pretty great. Controls weren’t overly complicated but I really only was running and gunning during Invasion (I think)

Would prefer larger BF maps but these weren’t small and provided a great man to man battle.

Two thumbs up!

This had spectacularly bad auto-defaults for me. It adopted some weird low res 1993 look until I found that setting. Strange.

Are there any non-competitive game modes that utilize the Warzone or 32v32 maps? Sounds weird but I’ve got a desire for Battlefield 2 Instant Action type gameplay against AI. Super casual bot stomping with vehicles.

I saw that launch trailer again during Football games this Sunday, and it looked a lot more impressive on my big screen TV, for some reason, than the youtube video above watched on a work monitor. These characters almost looked photo realistic but with a bit of uncanney valley thing.

I saw this when you posted it and wanted to reply but forgot…

There will be a Tarkov-styled mode in MWII. Not much is known other than it’s in development. There is also a mode that was in the beta called invasion which is 20 v 20 but also has bots. I suspect there may be some AI modes that are more mission based as well but those may be confined to PlayStation like they were with the original Modern Warfare (2019). It was called Survival in MW2019.

Thanks for the info. I’ll see what modes they have at release, but it might not matter since I have a prepaid mobile plan.

I’ve just never been a “bots” guy myself so I rarely even look what’s available.

As I’m probably the resident CoD guy here who plays it the most (well…until the beta ended… I’m on hiatus til MWII hits to take a break), I’ll be sure to report back with what they have.

Without giving anything away, Modern Warfare 2’s quest to locate the missiles and stop the terrorists is filled with twists and betrayal just like the original Modern Warfare 2. Infinity Ward does a solid job balancing the nostalgia of the original series, while also giving a brand-new and engaging narrative.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 features 17 campaign missions, and these range from large-scale, movie-style action set pieces to dialed-back stealth sessions. It’s pretty much everything you’d expect from a Call of Duty campaign. There’s really not much added in terms of major innovation here to really wow you, but the missions pack a lot of fun and nostalgia as the campaign features several classic Modern Warfare missions with new twists. The game also provides some missions that feel more open-world than we’ve seen in the past, giving you more opportunities to explore different tactics for a fight. Some stealth missions let you scour the area for the perfect sniper point to line up a collateral kill, while other just give you multiple pathways to decide how you want to attack or sneak past your enemies. This freedom isn’t as vast as playing an open-world RPG, but the added exploration and opportunities is a welcome change to Call of Duty’s usual led-by-the-hand campaign style.

The campaign is really really bad. If I have to jump from another truck I’m going to charge Activision for broken controllers

I think pretty much every sequence going on about 50% or more too long. I think all of them are pretty fun and were enjoyable then all of a sudden I was done with them. They need to learn better pacing and reel that in. Felt that exact sequence of ‘fun then tedious’ probably 6-7 times throughout.

Yes. They so clearly want to be the Hollywood of games but need to learn editing and pacing. And to learn when shallow DOF makes sense and how dialogue actually works.

I turned off all depth of field effects before starting so never noticed it.

Kotaku’s Claire Jackson seems to agree with you guys about the campaign.

Yeah, seventy clams for this is in the “no fucking way” territory. Bad campaign, seemingly decent but not world-beating multiplayer…there are cheaper ways to play this sort of game for sure.

sadly I don’t think that’s true. I try almost every fps I can find and though CoD has been stale for years it still has the smoothest and best control and feel for me. I really wish someone would make a game that feels even close to as good on gamepad.