Modern WYSIWYG HTML editor?

And that’s why you fit right in here at Qt3.

Not relational?? Whassat mean? In my entire eleven year career of web programming, we’ve always referred to flat files as just that, simple, flat files that are actual files rather than dynamically generated files.

“flat file” is a database term that predates the web by a loooong time.

I asked this question a while back on behalf of my dad and someone recommended WebPlus X5 by Serif last time for Windows.

I’ve never worked at, seen, or heard of a modern web development company that uses WYSIWYG HTML editors, unless you count the in-CMS above-HTML-level editors that some modern frameworks have.

If you don’t want to write the website by hand, I’d suggest using one of those, like Wordpress or Google Sites.

That’s called static content. Sounds like some mangled jargon has taken root where you work. “Flat file” refers to data that is stored in a non-relational, non-hierarchical fashion-- hence “flat”.

Oh, those have been used interchangeably over the years, but I getcha now.

nvu is free, but I provide no information as to its quality.

In the grand tradition of QT3, I resurrect this thread!!!

My wife is looking to put together a very simple web site. It’s something lie an overview page, contact page, and pricing page (static prices).

I’m quite certain I could bang the whole thing out using Notepad, but she wants to learn how to do this herself. So what she would be looking for is that would be a visual editor that is easy to learn and is free.

Any suggestions for current generation editors?

I personally think Dreamweaver is still the best, buy some services such as Wix and Squarespace offer WYSIWYG editors right on the site.

Dreamweaver would be overkill given that it isn’t free.

these are now built into the services nowadays like squarespace, weebly, wix if you go with a specific paid host. they usually have the editors built into the site/service.

as for overkill, the big thing with wysiwyg is webflow and its ilk. for mac, there’s rapidweaver.

mobirise is free to start for one example with them charging for addons.

InkScape does this with SVG code and it pisses me off.

[edit]

Old threads popping up near the top of the forum once again.

It was bumped due to a spam post that was flagged and removed.