Molyneux just goes batshit insane

I feel the same way, but I cannot explain the success of the Sims either.

I wish I could skip the cutscenes.

I think maybe he was just fucking around with them.

–Dave

OK, I’ll play this game of myself. But only if it has some serious money cheatcodes to help me through the 1980’s…

To that end, upon reaching maturity, Project Dimitri will place your virtual avatar on one of fifteen “LifePaths,” including a politician, a sports star, and even a game developer.

I’ll be damned, it is my life.

At specified points during your “life” you will have the option of consorting with the opposite sex…

Oops, spoke too soon.

With Peter’s repeated demonstration that he cannot incorporate his vision fully into a game without hacking up 90% of the scope (Fable, Black & White), I anticipate this game will force me to relive the awkward moments in the boy’s locker room my freshman year in high school over, and over, and over.

Haha, that would be great.

:lol: Excellent.

I’m sure he’ll announce that eventually, and then the game will pop out and you be able to do whatever you want, provided its one of the 3 choices of things he decided are everything you’d want to do. Or something.

Agreed. The interview didn’t take place on April1st, did it?

I’m sure he’ll announce that eventually, and then the game will pop out and you be able to do whatever you want, provided its one of the 3 choices of things he decided are everything you’d want to do. Or something.[/quote]
Like how Fable was billed as “the ultimate role-playing game”? I know someone who was very happy to see that until she got to the caveat as long as you don’t want to play the role of a girl.

The article is dated April 7. I’m not sure the Interview wasn’t done earlier, but I doubt they’d wait 6 days if they thought they had such hot news.

ASSIGNMENT FOR FRIDAY, APRIL 8, 2005.

• Remember that all submissions must be in typeface or hand-printed in black ink.

• Please bind before submitting.

In 5,000 words or less, please describe the differences between Peter Molyneux and Derek Smart, in terms of obsessive, massively self-hyping designers, and, in particular, how one designer’s work started off poorly and began getting better; and how the other designer’s work started of well and worsened as time passed.

–scharmers

Peter, ironically, isn’t a dick.

Doesn’t have anything to do with the quality of their games, though, so I guess I get an “F”

You know what this game needs? Multiplayer!

Forget that man, I’d hate playing with a bunch of fuckin’ griefers.

I can just imagine that.

You’re at the store

“Uhhh… are you going to scan my eggs in?”

“No.”

When I play up to 2001, will I have the option to not buy Black & White this time around?

What I don’t get is, if the game is going to replay your life for you, how could you ever have options in the first place?

10 or 20 years from now, they’re going to lock Molyneux away as he screams DON’T YOU SEE YOU’RE ALL IN MY GAME YOU’RE ALL THE PLAYERS ONE-TIME LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION BLAAAGHRGRHRTECH SUPPORT