Monster Hunter Rise on the Switch and PC

The Homespot option looks like it could maybe work. It seems like a slam dunk for someone using the Switch in handheld. I plan to leave the Switch docked most of the time and it looks like you have to use the mic on the Homespot device. Thus using it docked would not work well where a mic is needed (such as also using discord on a phone for voice chat) since the dock would be several feet away by the TV with Homespot plugged in via the USB adapter. Plus it is a $250ish solution since I don’t have aptX headphones. I do really like the direction of this solution, I just don’t think it quite fully works for my intended use.

At this point I am debating getting a high quality/ noise cancelling Bluetooth earpiece. This means I might be able to just have one ear tied to phone discord while playing the game as normal (with voice enabled via the earpiece). In other words, I would be doing a time leap back to 2007. But…Nintendo gotta Nintendo. This might even be exactly the crazy solution I had back in Monster Hunter Tri days with using the Wii for game and PS3/ bluetooth ear piece for party chat.