Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Haha, don’t mind me. I played with the Charge Blade yesterday again, and I’m planning on trying the Insect Glaive again tonight. Since you mentioned MMOs, I am what people call in MMO lingo an “altoholic”. In the case of Monster Hunter World, that translates to different weapons, and while I’m learning the ins and outs of each one, I’ll switch my favorites like crazy. ;)

But the thing is: Charge Blade is still awesome, but getting its flow right takes a good while. The big (perhaps only) benefit of the Switch Axe over the Charge Blade is how simple it is to use. Switch Axe combos are straightforward, it’s the easiest weapon to do “infinite combos” with, its “special attack” is really easy to land, it’s reasonably fast to sheathe so you can reposition easily - it’s a good weapon to use when you don’t want the mental overload other weapons like the Charge Blade or the Insect Glaive might have (until you get used enough to them).

So yeah, perhaps tonight my favorite will be the Insect Glaive! And then not. After a while, I’ll settle on which one is my “main” (probably the Charge Blade :D), but I’ll still use the others, as any good altoholic would do. ;)