Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Maybe more so. Glaive is very unique, then the ranged stuff like bow.

I started toying around with the insect glaive. Wow, such a fast, mobile moveset compared to my 2h sword. It seems like a lot of fun, but I miss my big slow 250+ damage charged hits. And keeping the color charges up (whatever they are called) seems like an extra bit of busywork I’m not completely sold on yet.

Well, if you don’t mind the busy work, and you like big fat numbers, you might give charge blade a try. I’ve had a ton of fun with that weapon.

The problem with the charge blade in that regard is that for the most part you only see the small numbers :( The big ones get lost in the massive explosions.

Sancho Pawza.

Awesome :D

I recreated my cat Lucky. Here we are on the hunt together:

NICE!

I created my cat as well.

My cat has much too big of an ego for me to start creating characters based on her. She’d never let me live it down.

I beat the popsicle with an attitude and wings last night, and it took me way to long. As a melee with a pretty good reach, it was hard to hit it in the air and then I spent a lot of time climbing, and climbing, and then climbing some more. I also would up fitting it in what what felt like a 20 foot bowl… not very easy to survive that with something that flies faster than I can climb.

Also, my handler is just getting more annoying. I don’t mind the excited plucky girl stereotype too much but if she skips through a monster infested area one more time and then suddenly come up with a brilliant idea like there isn’t some sort of really old elf, I assume she is elf and old but really have no lore on these humanoid races, and I, the hunter who keeps saving her, aren’t there… grr.

Remember to use your slinger, a flash pod will down a flying creature.

Yeah. I’m not great with using the slinger. It’s just not a natural use for me, but you’re right. If this fight taught me anything it’ that I need to use tools more. I did use a trap and a few barrel bombs that helped, and I broke his tail and one of this horn things. I say horn like because it looks more tendril than bone to me.

The other thing is. i don’t look up monsters before I encounter them and use the in game guide to pretty much tell me everything. It seems more natural that way… but in doing so does that mean I am expected to lose once in awhile because I often use the wrong weapon against these new ones because my guide isn’t available yet. I an often guess based on just some sightings and where they reside but this one’s weakest element is not actually the one I thought it was. I think the second time around I’ll have a much better shot with a weapon more targeted to it.

OMG I hate the handler. I want to murder her and use her parts to make armor.

Heh, pretty violent there. I made it to rank 9 without getting really, really irritated with her. I kind of treated her like my sagely guide, if a sage was young and had a voice just one octave too high. I just… she is not getting more experience and calming down while everyone around here were.

I play like twenty quests between every story quest, so there’s enough of a buffer that I don’t really get tired of her.

There was one point where I was doing other quests, and no bothering to do the story, but I was at a point where the story had me going off to find the pink monster or whatever… and EVERY time I came back to down, she was like, “HEY PARTNER!”

It’s like, “HOLY SHIT SHUT UP DAMN”

Man, I haven’t really noticed her at all. The most I see her is when I’m skipping her food prep scene at the beginning of each of my expeditions before going on my way.

I probably don’t pay enough attention during storytime.

anyone else run into a problem with this on ps4 turning on hdr support blacking out the display of a…sony 4k tv?

I read someone with a similar problem and system set up here. Top reply has a suggest fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/7t17wh/terrible_hdr_for_me_in_mhw/

It’s not really the story per se, it’s that there are certain sections where they decided that she needs to remind you what to do EVERY TIME you enter town.

Finally did one of the Egg quests where something kind of nasty chases you down. We did several attempts, failed each time. I finally took the longest way possible, and while she was busy chasing other people with eggs and the one guy trying to keep her busy, trekked myself all the way back to the first camp because I have no direction sense and could not figure out how to get to the other ones. I just kind of stomped my way along… it was pretty funny.