Monster Hunter World!!!!!

I have no idea how to see these Aloy quests, turns out it’s a PS4 thing, oops. I guess I can never exchange guild cards and team up with Neserie now, which is too bad, because I just discovered I can see other player’s Palicos in my world now that I’ve done some multiplayer co-op.

Thanks to event quests, I did make some sunglasses though, so that’s cool.

I think it’s pretty archaic Microsft and Sony can’t figure out how to play in the sandbox together with third party titles but… in a yearish PC will be out and if they do it right… well then no barriers then.

By the way, if you haven’t done the new gadgets thing for your furry friends yet, it’s totally worth it. I am maxing mine out on all of them as I get them.

I am much too lazy to take a screenshot on my Xbox then go online and retrieve it, so I did the next best thing and took a picture of my tv screen with my phone.

Here’s my Palico so far:

My character is named (Llewynda) and modelled (face and hair anyway) after my wife’s High Elf Paladin from when we used to play EverQuest. Playing as my wife’s characters is almost like playing co-op with her… or, well, at least I can say that it keeps those classic gaming memories with her fresh in my mind.

Picture is pretty awful. not sure why I can’t just send a screenshot to an email either. I am not wearing my latest set either. I like the look of my kitty in fur! Also, i wear mismatch pieces for gaming purposes… i hate that there isn’t a great reason to use a full-set.

Yea, I locked my outfit for aesthetic reasons in the guild card screen, but I’m constantly swapping and mix & matching items as needed.

Remember: it’s just Sony.

Oh right. Yeah their stance is BS. Besides, they could still release single player games like Horizon Zero Dawn and keep their exclusives. There is nothing MS could do to get me to get an Xbox. I have a computer.

There is no advantage for Sony to allow crossplay, and Microsoft did the same thing when they were the market leader. It sucks for us, but let’s not pretend that Sony is doing something completely illogical and unprecedented.

I’m not pretending anything. I picked up a PS4 this year. It’s been out for years. The console approach has done very little to get me in on the console game. Mobile and PC are often cross-platform these days.

Almost had Nergigante on my first try then failed the next three times after that. I keep dying to the combo where it does a big body slam. Will try bringing dive barrels next time for explosive awakenings

Roll credits.

I just finished the main story and the credits are rolling as I type this.

Fantastic game. Just fantastic.

I assume I’ll be entering some sort of NG+ mode after the credits, as it’s clear there’s still a lot more to do since some players are level 400+. So I look forward to continuing on.

I love grinding in games like this, so I probably could have finished the game in 1/3rd the time, but I specifically avoided spoilers and kept trying out various setups till I found an ideal loadout for each fight as I progressed. Plus I just enjoy farting around in the world.

My only complaint is how poorly the game runs (and looks) on my day one Xbox One compared to streamer footage on other devices like the latest PS4. But in the end the gameplay made up for all that.

Yeah, MH definitely runs noticable better on my PS4 Pro than it did on my launch PS4. It’s definitely one of the games that has the biggest difference between the two consoles I have seen so far. Glad I upgraded. :)

After taking a break of about a month I hit MHW hard last week. Got up to about HL 14 or 15 I believe. I’m on the quests where you track down the 3 elder dragons and have taken out the first one (the wind guy.) I’ve been sticking almost entirely with dual blades, with occasional forays into greatsword and the horn.

I’ve been mostly just doing SOS flares, helping out when I see an interesting one in the list. But yesterday I started trying to figure out what equipment I should be gearing towards. I have the highest water & thunder DBs now, with some progress towards the Fire & Ice model as well. Putting together a few Nerg armor pieces also which seems to be wise from what I read online.

So basically looks like I need to kill Nergigante about 5 or 6 more times then work on the other 2 elder dragons to progress the main quest. This game is such a time suck though - can’t believe I’ve played so many hours but the SOS flares are just too damn fun to keep cycling through.

Last I checked I had dumped like 145 hours into this game.

How do you cycle through SOS flares? Like just on the bulletin board in town?

If by cycle you mean join, there’s a respond to SOS section in the Join Quest area. You can either just search with the default, tweak it to a specific monster… or even quest type.

I usually just hit the default a few times until I find a quest that is interesting and will still give me rewards or if i just want practice I’ll take a non-reward.

Yeah, I just meant completing a bunch in a row. Help kill Nergi, then a fish investigation that looked good. And then jump over to a Special Arena whatever with a couple 100+ lvl folks already in progress.

Yeah, that’s a fun way to play. I wish you could get useful rewards in the end game from that. Unfortuntely they designed th game to only really give rewards for tempered hunts, and specifically elders for a lot of stuff. That really seals off a lot of the game in endgame and creates a situation where ther isn’t much variety to the end game “hunting for fun and profit” stage of things.

Whee, the March 22 update is finally out on Xbox. Download size is 650mb.

There’s a lot of weapon changes, bug fixes, some tweaks, and a new monster (with new weapon and gear sets for it) so if you haven’t already watched the highlight video a few posts up, you can read specifics here:

Added a new monster: Deviljho! (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis α and β armor sets.)

Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.

Note: Deviljho will invade 6★ quests, 7★ quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.

Not sure why I bought this when it launched as I just haven’t had the time to sit down and play it. I just get distracted by other things. Like Monster Hunter 4U on the 3DS! LOL…