Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Using the Ghillie Mantle will make those quests a lot easier.

Also the Kulu armor bracers that let you move at normal speeds while carrying an item.

Or just kill the Rathian and deliver the eggs at your leisure.

Anybody else notice Dodogama seems to be a tribute to King Dodongo from the Zelda series, especially with the “bombs go in mouth” angle?

I totally did use it, but when you huff it to the furthest camp away from the nest you may not take it that long.

I tried doing that the first time… no one joined the fight and everyone quit, so this time I followed the lead thinking I was doing it wrong before.

I tried to solo the Rathian egg quest. Used the Ghillie Mantle, didn’t help though… even when I was hidden, Rathian would turn up anyway and roar, making me drop the egg. I dunno, I guess she could “smell” me, even though she couldn’t see me. Anyway, I tried the quest a few times and finally decided I’d need to kill Rathian first.

I asked my husband if he wanted to help me with the Rathian egg delivery, saying I was pretty sure we’d need to kill Rathian. I’d decided at that point it was scripted, and it was required. He hadn’t done that quest yet either, so we went in together.

We ran to the nest, each grabbed an egg, and for some reason, both ran right back to camp, using the same route I’d been trying on my own, without even seeing Rathian. Quest complete within three minutes.

No idea why that one time Rathian decided to ignore us. My husband was all “What’s the problem? See, just pick it up and bring it back!”

Haha. I didn’t even try solo. I hated these quests in Tri and decided, I am just going to see what others do and help out. I figured I could keep Rathian busy but they seemed to hate that or just knew less than I did.

Whelp I took lava snake dog today, had a super hard time, not due to time limit but well feinted just once and almost a second time. He reminded me a bit of the snake flying squirrel monster but far more vicious and hitting a lot harder. I didn’t think I could do it but I did so so far my failed quests for Assigned Missions, first go, is still just 1. Bigger Badder Dragon was easier to beat, but I am super bummed I am not advancing very quickly. I am not sure I will make the cut for Horizon Zero Dawn’s event… again.

I just got a quest from the 'roided out cat chef to go murder a bunch of the indigenous tribal people in an expedition in order to provide his establishment with new food ingredients.

I was apprehensive at first because I’ve been avoided killing any of the little guys because I hunt monsters, not humanoid voodoo munchkins. But, my desire to see where this would lead outweighed my humanity.

In the end I defeated ten of them and finished the quest. And what did I get for my efforts, besides new canteen ingredients? Gajalaka Sketches, described as “Proof of friendship with the Gajalaka tribes of the new world.”

Yea, “friendship.”

Haha, yeah, I thought the same thing when I did that quest.

If it makes you feel better though, I don’t think you actually kill the Gajalakka. I think they’re like the Melynxes in previous titles, where you just sort of knock them around a bit, and then they escape by diving underground, leaving behind an item.

Yea, I defeated them, but they wriggled underground to make their way to the the tribal burial grounds or something.

I am super annoyed that I had to do another cut scene, they call a quest, to get to high rank… and it felt exactly like the last one. I’m supposed to go where now, okay, there I go. Oh know this out… way down there… oh okay, can’t get up but I supposed to face that pest which… oh okay someone else took care of that for me, now the canons, more canons, are we still doing canons… where is the dang boat.

At least I got my Rank 11, so now I can do that special event tied to my other game… oh no, I have to do a few more. ugh. Oh wells, at least the new monster that kept interrupting my fight looks huge, chases for a really long time and is a royal PIA. I might have a new one to look forward for some revenge slayings.

Have you tried dung pods yet? Dung pods are my MVP in high rank, because screw uninvited adds.

Since it was an expedition and not one of the quests, I didn’t care some of those kinds of thing so I could have room for more stuff. I’m pretty bad with using my slinger in general but I do have a lot of those pods. Now that I am back to not hunting the top tiers on the maps anymore, I guess I should carry them on most quests.

Thanks!

Yeah, I think the “uninvited guests” things needs to be dialed back a bit. It’s exciting when it’s rare, but when it’s every fight it just gets tedious. One of the few misses for me in World.

Joined my first multiplayer session today. I joined an SOS flare for Black Diablos. I used a voucher for double rewards, and 1 minute after we start the fight the host cancelled the flare/session and we were all booted out. I wasted that voucher, what a load of crap.

Anyway, at rank 14 I am 2/3 done with some solo elder dragon kills in main storyline. I have 260ish hours in the game so far, and I’ve loved just about all of it. Game of the year so far.

SOS play is my number one method of online play since I can’t seem to find a good session playing the quests I need. I’ve never had his happen. I did get dumped into a game, and it said I lost connection and then I wound up doing it solo so I didn’t lose my meal or my voucher. That taught me to go to online quests like I am solo because I could be!

So when it booted you out it just said… Quest Failed?

It did, and the session had only been live 2 minutes before I joined, so I was sure I didn’t just join a session seconds before time expired or something.

I’ve played 10 or so SOS investigations since then, against easier monsters just to get a feel for multiplayer, and I like it quite a bit.

When monster parts fall on the ground (not counting the tail) are we competing for those, or do we each get a copy or something?

I think you might have joined a quest and then the person feinted. If you didn’t join fast enough, you might not have seen the message. If you are in a session and they or you get disconnected, it just drops you into a solo session. That’s been my experience anyway.

Everyone gets a chance to loot a body part. It’s not a competition in that way. I think it’s the same for the shines but I am not as sure about that one. It’s a faster animation so I can’t see people do that as easily during combat.

I love MP in this game… I just wish it was easier to just join someone’s game and continue with them… .like here are 2-4 people, I want to follow them always for the next few hours… that’s not very smooth.

This is where we differ, I can’t get away fast enough. This is why it took me 260 hours before even stepping foot in multiplayer. I didn’t want to be the one jerk everybody had to carry that does everything wrong because I refuse to ever look at strategic/tactical spoilers outside the game. I get uptight (i.e. enraged) thanks to MP performance anxiety in some MP games.

But so far I’m doing fine. Being overgeared for the stuff I’ve been helping with is a bit of a boon too, heh.