Monster Hunter World!!!!!

I agree. MHW is easier than other games in the series. But Teiman was saying that monster hunter was not a hard game because of the core concepts of the series, not just World. such as because you have infinite time to prepare at base. older MH games (and GenU now) certainly have some insane difficulty spikes to them, it’s practically what the series is known for at this point. I fully expect a g rank to come to World at some point as well.

Oh yeah, that. I read that as a comparison to Dark Souls. I don’t play Dark Souls, but i don’t think MHW has a punishment or harsh penalty for failing. You do have to learn or improve though so… forgiving sure. Failure teaches.

Also if someone said hey do you think we can take this monster on or do you think we have to gear up I might say… well let’s try. We’ll just find out! Why not?

It would say “fuck this game, is imposible”, maybe?. MHW don’t have G ranks yet, no?, my comment is about the actual game without future expansions.

Man that Zoras fight (first on if there are multiple) was boring and uninteresting.

Also it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to load a ballista. I didn’t realize I had to “reload” it by grabbing an arrow manually.

…yeah…for all the buildup to it, it’s quite the tedious pain. Bad news is you have to do it probably 5 or 6 more times (to farm mats); good news is after a couple goes at it you figure out a reliable pattern. It’s a weird little encounter, and not at all indicative of how the rest of the endgame plays out.

Tempered Deviljho…

…my god. I don’t think I’ve ever been hit that hard in my life…I guess I need earplugs and stun resist? Maybe a lance, haha.

Got back into this recently, and got wrecked by the pink rathian. Kind of B.S. though as a story mission the game drops you in without really knowing what you are going to be fighting, and I went in with the wrong gear, and had to re-gear, and I realized I had forgotten a bunch of supplies, so I had to go back again, an Odogoron wandered in and wrecked my shit.

Anyway, going to try again this weekend, and come in prepared with my good stuff. Gotta get that tail cut off quickly though, without the tail the Rathian is pretty easy. Unfortunately it took me way too long to get that done.

I am also 1 rathian spike+ away from the 6 rarity poison longsword, but had back luck on my last 2 kills.

Pink rathian is a difficulty spike in the game (he, … I made a pun).

I don’t think theres a way to trivialize the battle. I have no problem fighting something like Nergiant, but Pink would still give me some interesting times, even if is objetivelly is a easier fight. Is more about where you fight these rathians, with enough space to move is less a issue.

No joke. These bastards constantly wreck me. That poison, fire, stun combo is brutal. I almost never find it an easy fight. Flash for days and hope to cut the tail. If I have a shield weapon I just hide behind it most of the time.

The only time I had a easy time with a rathian was because I was hunting the poison monster at the same time (Pukei?), and the rathian showed in the Pukei hole. The place was filled with poison sacs (the plants). Me and my friend had anti-poison gear, so we where opening the poison sacs (trolling the rathian), the pukei was tryiing to poison us with large poison clouds. This was a bit too much for the rathian. Among other status effects problems, like flash rocks. I … don’t think you can plan this, just happened.

The trouble I was having was all my own fault. I went in unprepared, lacking potions etc. I am crafting some better gear too, right now I still have some non-high rank pieces (the legiana set, for the increased loot drops) Farming some of the other HR monsters for armor sets.

I went back to my original love, Sword and Shield and much like with the Charged Blade I’m getting a lot more out of the weapon now that I’ve experienced other weapons. I managed to take out two Elders so far, the fire and wind one. Both carted me twice but went down in the end. Wind one was a pain in the ass to fight with melee though.

If I wanted to try the Paralysis S&S route, which weapon would be ideal for it, Bone, Barroth?

Bone! Grand Borang II. But it’s probably something to work up to…lots of gear/gem dependency.

Okay, I had soldiered through the super long intro cutscene marathon of death when the game first game out, but I haven’t been able to get up the motivation to fire it up (just general mental burnout and not feeling up to learning a new game). Kind of forced myself to dive in today, because I was in the mood for this type of game.

Boy am I glad I did. I’m still not very far, just in that desert area, but dropped a Barroth for the first time and I’m having a blast. Thanks to everyone in the thread who advised the game wasn’t so brutally punishing as something like Dark Souls and something you can just kind of hop in and have fun with. I’m really having a good time with the game, which is the first Monster Hunter title I’ve had a chance to play.

Yeah, another person who enjoys the game. Book, another person who will fly right past me because my sister is so… sloooooow.

What weapon are you using?

I’ve been using the Insect Glaive so far.

Aaah, nice one. A rodeo monster hunter :-)

Haha, yeah. Well, a wannabe one so far. :)

The game is great, though. While “farm x or y for loot” is commonly done, I really like the way they do it here. Especially when it involves not only the monster you fight, but maybe from a specific part. It varies things up a bit if I know I not only need a particular material from a monster, but I have to chop off it’s tail in order to acquire it.

Now my main issue is that I want to play this game coop with my friends, but that’s not going to be possible until around mid-September at the earliest. Will I have the willpower to hold off? I might end up getting stuck in the same boat as you, Nesrie. :)

I heard rumor they might G-Rank this game, don’t ask me too much about that, something about it being higher than plus rank. I figure by the time that happens I might actually get to plus rank. Fortunately if I am really jonesing for an MHW fix, I can do PS4 where i am all by my lonely self.

I feel a bit caught between the this game is too intense for tonight x5, let’s play Overcooked 2 instead, and the but there are other people now; it’s PC. We can keep up!

Awesome!!

I mean, the game never really ends, so unless you want to experience each and every new monster encounter for the first time with your friends (which would be awesome, don’t get me wrong) you can keep going and then double back and help them out once they’re ready to hunt. The “real” game doesn’t start until high rank anyway. And you’ll have the added bonus of looking like an absolute badass monster hunter in front of your buddies haha.