Monster Hunter World!!!!!

?? It’s quite specific about the console numbers in Japan

the Xbox One’s presence is virtually nonexistent, while the country accounts for just 5 million of the more than 60 million PS4s sold globally to date. (The 3DS, by comparison, has sold more than 20 million units in Japan, around a third of global sales for the handheld.)

Neither console is especially huge in Japan; the Xbox One’s presence is virtually nonexistent, while the country accounts for just 5 million of the more than 60 million PS4s sold globally to date.

I don’t approve of the way this sentence tried to describe those stats, specifically the first part of the compound sentence. They could have conveyed the same information without it, and not try to make almost 0 and 5 million sound in any way similar.

Or you know we can look at the visuals to see why that comparison is kind of ridiculous.

Gee talk about nit picks! ;)

It’s fine - all the first part does is say that neither console is really relevant to the Japanese market. Then it goes on the actual figures.

It was a stupid statement to make, and I am going to call it out. Are you the author of this article or something?

Ok I’m out, I’m not responding to this kind of nonsense.

Okay.I don’t like it when people skew data with nonsense like these statements. I’m also not the one that asked me why I didn’t like that comment and then didn’t really accept the answer.

To be clear, the actual relevant comparison to be made between the PS4 and any other platform in Japan involves the 3DS and its ~23M install base there. Monster Hunter XX, a second version of a spinoff, has sold 1.6M copies in Japan since March, or roughly a third of the PS4’s entire install base there.

New trailer is out and it looks amazing!

Also this shows game flow:

Interesting timing, given that the Dauntless founder alpha starts today.

Cool. Dauntless looks like it might be a competent Monster Hunter clone. Personally I’m far more excited for the franchise I’ve loved for the past 15 years, but if Dauntless makes its way to PS4 I’m sure I’ll take a look.

My experience has been that somehow all the Monster Hunter clone games never seem to really get it right. Maybe Dauntless will pull it off though.

Love the transition from the village to the quest. Super cool touch.

Looks amazing! Not making the wait go any faster…

Looks really great. I love that they have the charge blade… It also seems like they’ve added quite a bit of new monsters, which is awesome. The only thing holding the series back was the outdated AI on a lot of the older monsters.

Gah…the wait is impossible! This looks so good!

Sweet Dino hunt video from Polygon:

MHW continues to impress.

It does look good, but I’m worried it’s going to be too difficult/ too technical for me.

If you are on PS4 I’m happy to show you the ropes and explain some of the systems. It can be a bit opaque at first, but it’s not actually super complicated.

Appreciate the offer, but I’m not. It’s the actual combat that concerns me, not the other stuff.

It’s not that hard, and the game eases you into it.

Use sword and shield, which is the most straightforward, and you’ll get to fight all manner of easy chaff before taking on the big boys.

It (should) also have practice arenas where you can test out any weapon against a lower level monster.