Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Oh wow! Hunting Horn actually has song combos displayed on screen in MHW so you don’t have to remember them. That should make it way easier to learn.

Yeah, while mastery can be nuanced depending on your weapon choice, the basics are pretty straightforward. I’d suggest just going with what you think is “cool”. That said, Longswords are a great choice for someone who wants something simple and very effective. Hunting Horns are super powerful, but take a bit more to get used to using.

I don’t recommend gun rigs for new players, since that can be a lot to juggle if your not really used to MH.

Wait, are you saying there are people who use weapons that aren’t Greatswords?

Well, not me obviously, but they are out there.

I’m that guy, you know the one. The one that always wants to play the weird thing no one else likes.

Switch Axe is where it’s at.

I’m signing up for your class.!

Sweet! Looking forward to skinning Dinos and making shoes out of them with you!

Get out. ;)

Charge Blade? Okay, Insect Glaive. Hurry up next year! :)

If only I could go into cryogenic sleep till the game releases. The wait is interminable!

Nice Rathalos fight in the back half of the Giant Bomb video. :)

Steak-grilling music confirmed! Or a more restrained variant thereof.

Ok, now I’m in. Does it say “tasty!” when you get a well-done steak too?

It does! But in a sentence, like ‘that looks … tasty!’, or something like that.

FYI: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD emulates great on PC. For those who need a little taste of MH before World comes out without having to dig out their old hand-cramping, low-resolution copies on 3DS or PSP.

How does the emulation work?

im running the patched english version of the game on the PPSSPP emulator.
not much to it - i just plugged in my gamepad, navigated to the game ISO file from the emulator menu, and started playing.
i did upscale the resolution to about 3x the PSP resolution via a setting in PPSSPP. it looks very nice now.

Where did you get the game from? I thought this was a Japan-only game, and the HD version was on PS3? But it has english text?

edit: oh I see, english patch. Unlikely many of us actually own this game though, to be able to legit play it…

Custom Firmware for the PSP makes it pretty trivial to rip your own ISOs.