Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Oh boy, you missed one of the best Charge Blades in the game by a little bit. Hopefully the Code Red event will come back soon enough so you can get Dante’s Sword. ;)

Man, fuck this game. It’s HR 14 and I’ve been cranking away to reach the minimum requirements. I’m HR 13 and now it’s gone.

Such stupid bullshit.

Right before DMC 5 as well. Hey, maybe we should throw out this excellent marketing opportunity!

Dumbasses.

I feel your pain. I missed several events before due to HR limits. Sometimes events repeat though. If you need a break, the game is perfectly suited for it. You can always come back.

Yeah I went through this once already. Code Red was gone for a while. For some reason I thought it was back permanently because it was sitting there for quite a bit of time.

If I come back to this game, it will be 6 months from now, and there’s no guarantee I’ll play long enough to hit the window for it anyway.

So dumb.

Looks like there may be a mod that can help with this: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/584

If you’re worried about Capcom banning you for using mods, conventional wisdom seems to be “Don’t do anything stupid with them, and you won’t get banned.” I saw people running around with Dante coats for months before the Dante event.

Yeah I assume I can do the event solo then uninstall the mod and it’s like nothing ever happened.

I don’t mind anyway, but now I’m curious how it works.

Nerguhgante was no problem. Okay, to be honest I was down to my last potion. I gave that one a fist-pump when I was done.

Then I farmed him in multiplayer.

Grabbed this quick screenshot from the festivities

I just need one more tail to complete the armor set, then a bunch of Diablos investigations to build the next charge blade. Good tip on the dung pods, by the way. I was able to scare off an annoying someone so I could carve Diablos.

If you are playing on PS4 and want a hand grinding stuff let me know. I wouldn’t mind an excuse to play some more MHW. :)

I’m on PC. I’m done farming now unless I want the highest tier Diablos Charge Blade, which requires a few Black Spiral Horns. Probably not worth the time.

I didn’t know you needed an armor skill to unlock elemental damage until I changed armor sets and lost that skill. I didn’t realize I had it. Kind of a tease to put the damage boost there and not let me use it!

I finally worked guarding into my routine. Using a shield makes Diablos fights much easier. Had I known this, I probably would’ve fainted fewer times and not ruined so many multiplayer investigations for my teammates. Such a waste of time when you fail a quest.

You don’t need it in general, just for weapons with a hidden element rather than normal elemental damage. (One nice thing is that an unactivated hidden element does not count against the non-elemental damage bonus decoration).

I just started working parries into my Charge Blade routine as well. Odogaron spammed so much that I kind of had to.

I forgot after a successful parry you can go straight into a super amped element discharge. After Odogaron went to his nest he started jumping from the walls. I parried one of the attacks and killed him with the ensuing discharge. Amazing.

I still need to look into guard points, and I don’t think I’ve ever charged my blade in 20 hours with the weapon. Haha.

Well, if you want help, just let me know!

Is Kushala Daora the most annoying boss fight in the history of videogames?

Probably not. But it still sucks.

The fight also ended with a single limp sword slash. I bet it was less than 20 damage. Lame.

Finished it. 3 stars on the Tom Chick scale. It was a little frustrating and not quite the kind of game I’m looking for.

It ended on a high note so the good news is I could definitely see myself playing a sequel. Now I’ll know what to expect.

I don’t see how Capcom could ask for better than that, short of, you know, a new card carrying member of the fandom.

Ended? ENDED?!? The game does not end until you’re 500h in, completely sick of farming the mods that refuse to drop, and obsessively changing weapons until you find one that allows you to hit those sweet sub 3 minute times for most hunts.

I spent 30 minutes running around and Googling until I finally learned that the Geralt quest isn’t out on PC yet.

So I think I might be done! Maybe I’ll go play with the Insect Glaive in the training room for a bit.

Insect Glaive feels so nice coming from Charge Blade. I like charged hits, but sometimes you just need to enjoy quick attacks and maneuverability.

Also, I didn’t realize some of the alpha armors had gem slots…

Yeah, I’d better quit before I get sucked back in. This gives me almost 2 weeks of free time before DMC 5!

110 hours here, still cheerfully farming Deviljho’s and Nergi’s to get better gear with which to go after elder dragons.

I don’t imagine I’ll last 500 hours (though you never know), but I certainly can’t conceive of stopping in the double digits. To each their own, though!

No. The Kirin is. It’s the only monster in MHW that I hate to fight.