Monster Slayers - a Deck Building Roguelike

I knew about the latter but hadn’t noticed the former (maybe because it wasn’t a problem anymore!). I really hope the game is doing well, both because I am hoping for lots more stuff down the road, but because I think he deserves it.

As an unabashed Nerdook fan, I say, “word”!

Bug report for you, @nerdook! I came across an altar which reduced my AP by 2 (from 3 to 1), took the bonus, wandered around a bit, saved, and reloaded, and now I have 65,539 AP.

Huh. Wonder if it applied the -2 again when you reloaded…

Just need a mighty blow and you’ll be set, lol.

Ah. If you didn’t have any AP bonus, and take the altar for -2, the save file saves it as -2 which underflows when loaded. I’ll fix this in the future by storing it in a separate (positive) variable and reducing AP at the start instead!

I encountered the same underflow bug. But a quit and reload clears it.

I’ve beaten the Harbinger so far on Rogue, Ranger and Wizard. I’m having trouble winning with the Knight class. I just can’t seem to get enough healing regen to handle multiple battles between levelups and I’m having trouble getting enough card dps upgrades with him to take the higher level dragons and whatnot down quickly enough to conserve my HP. I have a lot of equipment but none of it has health regen. The ones I did have disappeared after I won on other classes. I guess more grinding is the answer.

Dear lord I am so addicted to this game right now it isn’t even funny. I hope nerdook keeps expanding it because I want more of everything.

v1.0.7 is up! That’s the final update for now, next content patch will be much larger and some time away. :)

Do altars no longer have an upgrade of all the cards? I haven’t seen it since the recent updates although I might just be unlucky.

I think that changed to “upgrade 5”

v1.0.7

• Consumables now draw a card when you manually discard them
  • Added new Altar blessings/curses
  • Rebalanced some cards

Does that eliminate your issue with consumables, @inactive_user?

Yay! Presumably, yes.

I had a really nice run with a cleric, killing the harbinger while still at full health. Now I just need to beat the Harbinger with the wizard to complete the set.
/

Fighting the Mummy King. Dark Curse is not an ok card.

Since the dev is posting here, I just wanted to chime in to say that this is fun as hell. It’s probably a short term diversion at the rate at which I go through this sort of game… but it’s worth it, especially with the balance updates seemingly every night, and I’ll be watching for what you’re up to next as well.

(Rogue, Cleric, and Wizard down… three to go.)

I tried my hand at the hard mode 2x. I got the harbinger down to 33% HP, but he killed me. The bastard hit my like 4 out of 5 times on the final turn while I had a 90% dodge rate.

I’m on a weird run with my barbarian. There were no merchants or captains at all in the first 2 dungeons. I’ve mostly cleared the 3rd dungeon and have found 5 merchants there so far. Still no captains though. Because there haven’t been any, I haven’t been able to increase my AP much. I only start with 4 AP at level 12 which is a big handicap for this class. I’m really amazed he’s made it this far but he’s about to die for sure.

So, @nerdook maybe you can smooth out the RNG so there’s at least a captain and merchant or two somewhere in the first 2 dungeons? Right now it looks like it generates a total for all 3 and they can all get dumped into just one.

So far I’ve won with 4 classes. Ranked around 200 currently on the board but I have no idea if that’s good or bad.

Sweet, Splattercat started a YouTube series on this today and it has over 8k views. Hopefully that sells some more copies.

Edit: and Tom has a review!

I stumbled on this as my “friends are playing it”. This long ass thread, even without reading it, and reading the description on Steam is enough to sell me on it. :)

Whoa Splattercat’s Let’s Play really gave a nice bump to sales when I woke up this morning! So hyped up to keep working on the game and show you guys what I have in mind for the future! :)

@tomchick Thanks so much for the kind review, it was a lovely thing to read!