Moon, starring Sam Rockwell

If the story is about the twist to begin with then yeah, it should take place in the first act of course (or right at the start of the second). Seems like this is exactly what Moon is about, so who cares if it’s revealed in the trailer–it’s the crux of the movie. I’d be interested in seeing it… my thought is that he’s some memory-inserted clone but the Kevin Spacey-voiced emoticon robot is probably worth the price of admission :)

— Alan

Screw the twist - it’s got Effy in it!

You guys make me want to listen to the B-52’s ‘There’s a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon).’ And then maybe go catch this movie. And then come home and watch ‘Moon 44’ with Michael Pare. While eating moon pies.

I must be dumb because I haven’t guessed what the twist is.

You’re taking it to the other extreme, though.
Die Hard is about an action hero Bruce Willis fighting terrorists, so there is no twist, just a setup.

The 6th Sense isn’t about a dead Bruce Willis talking to a boy, so there the twist does play a large part in enjoying the movie - perhaps not to you, but the movie is clearly built up and marketed taht way and it is to most.

My favourite example is Terminator 2. The first scene where John Connor meets Arnold is clearly set up and built up in the movie to be a cool little early “so he’s the good guy now?!”-twist, but it was completely ruined by marketing and interviews gioven by Arnold prior to the premiere. But it’s in the movie.

Totally in. Looks awesome. Hal 9000 with bonus emoticons!

Coming out on Friday! Looking forward to it - could it be, a thoughtful Sci Fi movie? There’s a clip up as well, if you’re into that sort of thing. It’s pretty spoiler-free, but it’s got a moment that I think would be better enjoyed while watching the film itself, so be warned.

Also, it’s apparently directed by David Bowie’s son. Interesting.

That’s the fatal flaw for me on what otherwise looks like it may be a well-made film. Its entire foundation is just unbelievable. Even if they pay him something like $500,000,000. This is close enough in today’s time so that it has to be realistic…and it looks to be technologically. But no way in hell someone gets planted on the moon by themselves for 3 years.

Hell, even workers who go to Siberia to drill oil have company.

a forest moon?

ewoks?

Who is Sam Rockwell? I think he is the one whose stardom I just don’t get.

EDIT: Yes, that’s him.

Aw, 2001 is being remade by Bowie’s son - how adorable.

Mebbe dat’s part of the twist.

I’m kinda’ figuring it’s the simulated life angle … Ghost in the Shell-style.

That is fucking Guy, dude! Episode 31? Got killed by the lava monster before the first commercial?

I wouldn’t call what he has right now stardom, but he’s definitely worth it …

Matchstick Men, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Hitchhiker’s Guide …

He was amazing in Hitchhiker’s Guide.

Don’t forget Charlie’s Angels.

I sure try to …

(Didn’t actually watch past the beginning … )

Kevin Spacey as “Robot Voice” is so soothing and sexy. They couldn’t have picked a better person to do the robot VO. Also don’t forget Rockwell in Frost/Nixon. And in Galaxy Quest. And, uh the TMNT movie as “Head Thug” according to IMDB. He’s a fucking legend, man!

That said, I am fucking dying to see this movie.

Add The Green Mile to Rockwell’s credits.

Bummer, limited release and not in my area.